1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK-MotoAmerica | Laguna Seca | July 12-14 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Jul 11, 2019.

1. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Be glad you weren’t at the racetrack where you have no way to mute it....
    The PA system was deafening all weekend. Not sure what idiot ever decided it needed to be thirty decibels louder than the racebikes at every point at the track. It may not have bothered everyone as much as me but I damn sure wasn’t the only one it bothered.

r6boater and TLR67 like this.
  2. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 2

3. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I agree. I like those 2.
    I guess it's our weird FL blood.

MELK-MAN and jksoft like this.
  4. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

+3

5. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

You weren't the only one... It was bad at our spot too... at least we could step in the trailer to talk to one another.

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  7. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

8. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Beat me to it. I've never heard this cited as an excuse in the past. Buuuut, I will be adding this to my compendium of excuses for my own lackluster performances moving forward.

9. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

its obvious that is what was holding me back when i was racing with you. you experts on pirellis were messing with my feedback due to being on bridgstone :D

Greenhound386 likes this.
  10. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Uhm. Uhm. That’s the excuse? Uhm. Wow.

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

12. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who gets the sense JP wants Greg to shut up more than we do? He's always trying to pull Jason into leading questions while firing off his own hypothetical answers :crackup:

TLR67 likes this.
  13. Greenhound386

I don't get that impression. I've listened to every episode of their podcast (Greg's Garage Pod), and they get along great. I also think they complement each other really well.

Senna, 23103a and jksoft like this.
  14. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Interesting, haven't listened to the podcasts at all. I don't mind them overall and love how knowledgeable they are, but there's definitely cohesion missing during the broadcasts.

15. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Yes, it is plausible.

Never heard of it on the big bikes but we definitely had issues with it on the KTMs when they ran the Alpha 13s. They collected a lot of boogers and didn't have the power to sling them off.

Look back at the attrition in that class too... stands to reason this could be an issue with any bike/class to an extent... Not like Westby is a team to make BS excuses. IMO

socalrider likes this.
  16. Greenhound386

Greg does seem to be a bit different on the podcast than the live stream. He impresses me quite often on the podcast; dude knows some stuff and has some great insight!

badmoon692008 likes this.
  17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I listen to the podcasts too. I laugh at how Jason's always digging at Greg about being fat and slow. :crackup:

Greenhound386 likes this.
  18. Greenhound386

He backed off A LOT on that. It was super common in the early episodes; it is a lot less frequent lately. I always listen to it while I am cycling, and I probably looked weird to motorists while I was literally LOLing at some of his comments in the earlier casts.

19. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

It’s a problem in car racing when different series share the weekend, with different tire suppliers.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  20. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

I do hear some of that.. but imo these two do a darn good job. Best commentating duo of all time? nope. But the only guy i literally find myself turning volume down a bit on, is the dude on WSBK. sounds like the band manager, Murray, from Flight of the Conchords.. He is often just saying stuff in rapid succession to fill air time, but in a manner that seems to affect me as much as someone scraping fingernails on a chalkboard.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019