1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Crooks can be very convincing.

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

It sucks that Haas seems to be going downhill as a team. They started out the first year fairly strong, now it seems like they can't do anything right. I still think Grosjean needs to go. I know he has had some bad luck, but he also made a lot of mistakes.

3. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I get it, especially with Grosjean. I would give Magnussen a bit more latitude, he has delivered more than not. Yeah, he whinged on the radio and got slapped down by Steiner, but he is still a very good driver that could do things with the car under him. Why they retained Grosjean is beyond me.

But the car has major issues. It has one lap speed and that is it. Both drivers plummet to the back with any duration.

4. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Ok , I saw a clean pass , then what appeared to be Vettel getting pissed and tried to make up the distance between the two and ran right up on the leading car . Yes .. Vettel could not stop from that position. But Vettel put himself into that position which was a major error in my opinion. I hope you aren’t defending Vettel’s lack of judgement :D

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I didn't say anything about his judgment. Just commenting on whether the crash was avoidable after he realized that he couldn't pass on either side.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

7. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

So cool that there is one guy on each side who's job it is to hold the car steady.

8. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

Thought this was a pretty cool video...

VFR#52 likes this.
  9. Jed

Jed mellifluous

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

r1owner and lee955i like this.
  11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That sound!

12. 418

418 Expert #59

Epic shit.

13. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Sure was 4 posts above you. Paging @Johnny B to the white courtesy page please.

14. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Damn, that was easy.

[​IMG]

Sabre699 and fastedyamaha like this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

16. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

The elephant in the room is the aero, especially the front wing aero, that needs to be addressed. Unless the cars can run closer, with simpler aero and downforce, nothing will improve. DRS is just a band-aide on trying to get cars to run closer and get some passing. Refueling won't bring better racing either unless they mandate at least two stops. The extra time to refuel will guarantee single stop races, and we all know, single stop races rarely become exciting. I hate to say it because F1 should be the pinnacle, but they should look to Indy for everything but the spec car and engine aspects.

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

WTF Ferrari. :rolleyes::eek::Puke:

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Stroll with the 4 wheel drift. At least it looked cool.

Yzasserina likes this.
  19. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Hey Stroll got out of q3. Inspired performance by him today.

20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Mattia is killing me this year... from the strategy errors to mechanical errors, to hanging out and laughing with Toto after qualifying today, dude needs to GO.

VFR#52 likes this.