1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should we buy a Porsche?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sundaydisco, Jul 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Yeah, that sounds about right. I got a cut in one of mine and replaced all of them so they would be even. I think it was right at $1300-$1400 altogether.

BigBird likes this.
  2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Sure, the cut wasn’t all the way through. It was barely a nick. But dammit, the tires were no longer completely symmetrical!! :Poke:

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

uhh, just no. They have soul based on their alignment specs :)

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I see it as a tire life vs autocross prowess equation.

5. :crackup:

Oh no, it was fucked. It was more of a gash. I heard the “boom” and immediately got a warning on the TPM system. It started losing air fast.

It happened as I was leaving the house on my way to the airport.

I was already running late, and my tire was going flat by the second. I hauled ass to the tire place I always go to because they are good dudes.

The funny part is that I was in such a hurry, I didn’t give them my name, have a ticket written up or anything. They saw me pulling in with my tire almost flat, and ran out and had the jack waiting on me.

They lifted the car up, removed the wheel, installed the spare, inflated it, and let the car down in like 2min or some shit (didn’t even charge me for it because I always get my tires there).

Then I hauled ass, leaving them the OEM wheel and everything, without saying shit. :crackup:

After I got on the road, I called and was like “I didn’t even give you my name or anything”. They were like “hey Chris, yeah we knew who you were and figured you would call or be back sometime. So we just put your wheel in the back”.

Then I told them to order a whole set and I’d be back in a month.

Because of them being on it like a swarm of bees, I was still able to make my flight. So when I got back and went to get all the tires changed, I took 4 large pizzas and some 2L drinks with me, and gave each of them a $20 tip.

scottn, Razr, yuengling910 and 4 others like this.
  6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Frickin' awesome. :crackup:
    :bow:

7. Sundaydisco

Sundaydisco Crooks Racing

This is one of the details being worked out.

8. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Best advice on here a couple years ago...look at the value's of the prev 993 and post 997,,,there is money to be made when they hit their stride.
    Otherwise, if they don't , your stuck with a 10K kick ass driver.

9. Sundaydisco

Sundaydisco Crooks Racing

Well we have decided to no longer move forward with the purchase. Being an adult sucks sometimes but we are just going to have to wait before buying a vehicle like this. The timing is just not right for us and would put us at risk if Murphy’s law were to enter the picture. Thanks everyone for your inputs. Looks like it’s back to the RX350 for the wife and we’ll just have to ride our bike for performance, life isn’t so bad.

scottn, Venom51, cBJr and 3 others like this.
  10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Smart call. I know exactly where you're coming from and am fortunate that I never entered that rabbit hole of buying more than I needed just because I wanted something. And to back that up I read a recent article which states that the absolute worst financial purchase you will make in your lifetime is an automobile.

But then again, none of us would even be on this site if we weren't nuts for anything with an engine. The conundrum continues...

11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Wait. Don't you have like twelve bikes? :Poke::D

cha0s#242 likes this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

yeah, smart move. don't waste your ducketts on a performance-ish suv, save that for the new Supra :)

13. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

There's nothing wrong with having a dozen RD400's.

YamahaRick likes this.
  14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

yeah, but they're mostly cheap shitpiles. If he spent Porsche money he'd have 50 of them.

rd400racer likes this.
  15. rd400racer

I'm up to 17. And if I sold every one of them I still couldn't buy a Kia Rio with the profits:D

cha0s#242 and BigBird like this.
  16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Smart man. Most would just take the risk for the instant gratification. There are plenty of them out there and more good deals on them will come around as Porsche floods the market with them.

BigBird likes this.
  17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

We have a lot of similarities ( we share the same birth month/year, I'm pretty sure...).
    Temperament of wife is not one of them. :beer:

BigBird likes this.
  18. black knight

black knight Well-Known Member

That's awesome! It's cool when you can have a rapport with guys like that at your local shop.

19. rd400racer

I always say what she doesn't know, I'm better off for:D So Dan (ChemGuy) delivered the MZ Skorpion that I bought last month this past Sunday. Wouldn't you know that she had to leave for a business trip exactly one hour before he got there. It's all about timing and she'll never know.

20. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You act like it is a big traffic hassle to get to Tri-Cities Airport. :D