1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2005 Freightliner Sprinter

Discussion in 'Other' started by BiZ, Jul 2, 2019.

1. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

I believe I'm the third owner. I bought the van in 2008 with 16k miles. Clean and clear title. Set up to haul two bikes. Tons of room for all your crap. 40k-ish miles. Runs great. Turbo resonator replaced with a billet aluminum one. A/C blows cold. Stereo sucks. Tires in very good condition. Comes with brand new brake pads and rotors N.I.B. Stock brakes are fine though. I just thought it'd be cool to have slotted rotors on my race hauler, but never got around to installing them. Passenger seat is on a swivel so it can turn around backwards and face the cargo area. Paint is a little rough. But no major rust issues. Just a little bit of surface rust here and there. Asking $10k...

IMG_20180705_145309 (1).jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  2. BiZ

more pictures

Attached Files:

3. mb17

mb17 Broughton859

Where are you located? I've always heard good things about the 04-06 models. Thanks

4. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

2006 model is touted as the best. I had one, t'was awesome.

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Wow, not too many non-rusty T1N's under 100K miles around. If that was out west it'd be $15K easy and if it were long/tall I bet $20K

6. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

Damn this is a great deal. I paid $13k for my 06 with 68k on it.

lightning97 likes this.
  7. BiZ

Van is located in Warrenton, VA.

I forgot to mention I put slightly taller/wider tires then stock. 235 vs 225, thinking I'd get better mileage and correct the speedo a bit. The speedometer is bang on, but the taller tires confused the transmission computer. Not a big deal. It shifts just fine 1-2-3, but 4 and 5 it doesn't want to shift at the normal point, so I just tap the shift lever/manual shift. Not a big deal. I've been told it's easy to reprogram the shift computer.

Alternator and battery replaced circa 2017.

Since what's her face paid 13k for hers, I'm considering raising the price to $12,999. Better hurry up!

8. BiZ

(Just kidding about the price increase...)

9. PeaPod

PeaPod Well-Known Member

Any more details like interior size (LxWxH), engine specs, etc. I did a quick search and there appears to be a few variations. Since I'm not familiar with them, I'm not sure which one this is exactly. I'm 6'4" how is the interior height and sleeping length inside?

10. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

The white van is a 2500 low roof/shorter bed variation. You'll sleep fine in it but doubt you could stand up tall in it.

11. PeaPod

PeaPod Well-Known Member

Gotcha! Kinda what I thought by looking at the pics. Thanks for confirming.

12. BiZ

144 inch wheelbase, which is the middle length. They have a shorter and a longer one. Floor to ceiling is 5'11" I believe.

13. BiZ

Bump!

14. mgiossi

mgiossi Well-Known Member

I have one of these as my track hauler and it is amazing. Mine is also a 05 and i love it. I have the low roof/short wheel base and I sleep fine in the back with lots of room. Plus it fits everything and gets really good mileage. Awesome vehicles

15. BiZ

Sold!

t11ravis and RRP like this.