1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 9 | Sachsenring | Germany | July 5 - 7

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jul 1, 2019.

1. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

This is a valid question...

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's really not that difficult. For instance, about the Quartararo stuff, I remembered trying to explain to someone very stubborn that his career had been sidetracked by bad management decisions. On Sunday, I ran a search with my name, the word "management" and a range of six months. That got me about five results. Well worth the "effort". :D

4. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

It's a sort of sport to you though;)

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Does that make Marc's accomplishment more or less impressive?

In contrast of how Casey stomped on guys when they were all at their best.

:Pop:

ShadowBoxer, YamahaRick and crazymofo like this.
  6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

The quoted portion is where the difficulty comes from for me. You have a definite knack for opening up old wounds.

7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Ah yes.. The time period without Suzuki...
    Quiet times...
    Good times..

YamahaRick likes this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I can't deny that. :oops:
    For some reason, stupid sticks out.

9. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Neither IMO.

You can only race who is next to you. There is no doubt that from 2000-2006 Rossi was above and beyond everyone in the field. That does not diminish his accomplishments. There should be little doubt that Marquez is above and beyond the current field as well.

Mot Okstef and BigBird like this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

11. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Rough, but good to see Pasini back with a full time ride. He's easily better than two thirds of the grid so it didn't make sense to see him lose his seat.

Quicktoy and cpettit like this.
  12. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Another good article, but man he needs to save some for the break:

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/...rossi-s-descent-more-motogp-german-grand-prix

Also, two strokes coming back?:

KTM launched a very important race bike at Sachsenring. The RC4R will be used in a new road-to-MotoGP series – the Northern Talent Cup – and is important because it’s so basic.

The RC4R essentially uses a KTM 250 SX-F motocross engine, frame and swingarm. The engine is four-stroke but KTM is planning two-stroke versions. The idea is to drive down the cost of getting into racing, both for aspiring world champions and for those who simply want to race at club level.

“We need to make cheaper race bikes,” said KTM motor sport director Pit Beirer. “We want to try putting two-stroke engines in this chassis, because for sure they are cheaper to run. This is not only for riders who are trying to make it to the top, it’s also riders who race for fun. “We want to reignite this part of the sport.”

BigBird and Senna like this.
  13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

It will be interesting to see what the emissions police have to say about that. There are some new technologies that can make 2-strokes pretty clean, but I don't think that they would be simple or cheap.

14. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

That would be a dope ULW bike. Wonder how much they cost.

15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Why would they have anything to say about it? We're talking off-road only vehicles just like an MX bike.

16. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Look up the KTM (and Husky) two stroke TPI bikes- they just revised them again for 2020

17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'm sure it would. Sadly, I imagine their idea of "affordable" will be somewhere between a Kramer and the modern $$ equivalent of a TZ250. If they surprise me and offer it for under $10K I'd be a player.

BigBird likes this.
  18. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

Valid question and some consideration should be taken when answering. However another point needs to be made when looking at Casey's championship, how many factory bikes were on the grid outside of the factory teams? Even then did those teams have access to the fancy corner by corner maps and what not? That support made a huge difference in successful teams.

I am fan of almost all of these guys so I post that question quite honestly.

While Casey was arguably the most talented rider I still think MM has to rated above him. Look at how he saves from crashes, pushes the bike to crashing to find the limit only to go just right at it for the win. That is truly remarkable in my book...

MVA25 likes this.
  19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Pretty much all engines are subject to emissions standards in North America and Europe. Just go shopping for a new two stroke lawn mower and see how many you find.

20. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

There’s a ton of two stroke powered lawn equipment and chain saws.