1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tour de France thread

Discussion in 'General' started by speedluvn, Jul 4, 2017.

1. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Why are they spending so much time talking to Tejay this year?

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

If your referring to Lance Armstrong, I was surprised as well to see him speaking during the race.

Hawk518 likes this.
  3. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Oh, are we going there? OK then.
    Lance A. is probably the GOAT! He had F'ing metastatic testicular cancer. Has chemo, etc., trains, comes back and wins several more times.
    Those of you that think b/c he was caught doping that anyone who dopes anything could do what he did?
    If so, you've never raced in any type of stage race on these types of bicycles. I had in the past, and I was pretty good, but no amount of 'doping' would put me anywhere near what he has done.
    IIRC, He was also a champion triathlete for a short while.

Enjoy the day

elevenn7 and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  4. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Um, no. They don't all look the same. :)
    They just did a long interview w/ him. And they are always mentioning his name during the coverage. Not sure why they are harping on him this year so much.

I was surprised that they had Lance on though.

5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Giant road bikes are pretty bad ass. The TCR Advanced is one of the best frame designs ever. I think the Propel is a bit long in the tooth right now, but Giant knows how to make a damn good bike frame.

6. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

cha0s#242 likes this.
  7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Fuck Armstrong.

galloway840 and Jedb like this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You first.

TurboBlew, Hawk518 and pickled egg like this.
  9. speedluvn

Damn the hate is strong for Lance. Was it his attitude about his doping? Armstrong is most likely on the American feed of the TdF. I wonder how he’s received in the European countries? I loved watching him win, all 7 tours.

K51000 likes this.
  10. Jed

Jed mellifluous

How would you feel about Rossi if you suddenly found out all his bikes he ever won on were illegally overbore and carried extra fuel?

11. speedluvn

Apples to oranges comparison. The doping police was European, I believe? Lance and his team director were truly into their racing craft. The argument at the time was that they only focused on the major races, the Tour de France and a couple other races. Eddy Merckx, raced and won 5 tours with brute strength and endurance racing many of the other races and classics during the racing season
    But back on point, I’m not so sure others weren’t, and still, are doping. It took a lot for those 7? TdF wins by the team. With that said, was Lance just an escape goat due to his attitude about doping and challenging the system?

brex likes this.
  12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I'm on the fence about Lance. He has done the sport extremely good and extremely bad. Cycling will never have any credibility after the huge sham he pulled and his asshole attitude really sucked.

Jedb likes this.
  13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

He also bullied and destroyed the careers of those who wouldn't play ball.

Jedb, jksoft and cha0s#242 like this.
  14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

WADA and Dick Pound are based in Montreal, Canada.

15. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Yup, I've got one that is 15 years old and still a great frame.

16. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Except it wasn't that way, before getting to tour level he was riding off the front of crits and lapping the field by himself.

K51000 likes this.
  17. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Does Tejay have a shot at a good TdF this year? Is the Phinney kid still around?

Everything Lance did on the bike was amazing. The top guys were all doping at that time and if you're on the junk and still can't beat him, that means he out worked their asses. Chances are very high that he would have still kicked the ass of all the non-dopers if he wasn't using PEDs.

The way he tore down people's lives sucked for sure, I'm glad he got knocked down a peg and that people are getting vindication for proving he was a shit bag to everyone.

This makes me want to watch Icarus again on Netflix.

18. nsouza707

nsouza707 Well-Known Member

Lance ruined many peoples lives to keep his secret. He sued them for everything they had because they told the truth while under oath. Lance is a total piece of shit. Having said that everyone was on drugs and he was the best of them. If everyone was clean I'm sure he still would have been the best. Still a major piece of shit though.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

After watching the way they all ride against each other I think they all might be a POS.

20. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Pretty much nailed it.