1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should we buy a Porsche?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sundaydisco, Jul 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Well that's all that matters. When I bought my fs450 I was like shit that's a lot of money... ( Which it is to me) but every time I ride it, or even walk in the garage I love that damn bike... So it's worth it. So to me, when it doubt buy the bike and or car. You're only here once and for who knows how long.

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  2. If you are looking for someone to practically justify spending that kind of money on a vehicle using logic, it isn’t going to happen.

But purchases like this aren’t about logic and practicality; they are about doing whatever makes you happy.

IIRC, mine didn’t even have 20k on the clock, and was 100% flawless. Not a single scratch inside or out. But I got rid of it because I wanted a 550hp Supercharged V8.

I made my decision based solely on an exhaust sound from a YouTube video where they were testing the SVR prototype at the Nurburgring. Once I saw (or heard) that video, I placed the order.

How logical was it to unass a perfectly good vehicle that made 400hp, just for 2 more cylinders and 150hp more? Especially considering it’s got almost 2k miles on it and Ive only had it past 1/2 throttle maybe 5-6x, because it is impossible to do so without reaching triple digits in a hurry.

So not only did I get rid of a perfectly good vehicle, I replaced it with one that can’t be fully utilized.

But you know what? Fuck it. I sure do laugh a lot every time I drive it.

If you just want to get from point A to point B, there are millions of vehicles that can do that for you, and be a lot cheaper. But I guarantee you they won’t make you smile as much...and that is what these decisions are based on, not logic.

3. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

You and that logic thing again. I’m with ya on getting what makes you smile.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Interesting thread as I’ve been eyeballing e63 amg and Panamera gts for a daily. I was leaning amg but . . .

5. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Get the c63 amg

noles19 likes this.
  6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It may look like a pigs ass but the Panamera drive line is pretty kick ass. There is a serious motor under that hood.

7. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

No c class for me. Had one.

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Panamera is ugly as fuck. Goes with the amg.

9. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

In the eye of the beholder. I think it’s sexy as fuck.

BigBird likes this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

I kinda like the new Panamera look. It's not terrible and very beastly of a car.

BTW OP, that Macan S, IIRC has a GTI turbo in it. So it's upgradeable, but overall similar to an A3, with Porsche SUV handles.

Sent from my smatrfone

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, still feel that way about the Hyper and haven't ridden it in years.

noles19 likes this.
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

WTF, Metalhead as the voice of reason? I'm going back to bed.

Sabre699, YamahaRick and rd400racer like this.
  13. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I can't justify my Jaguar XJL or the RSV4 but I sure enjoy them everytime I use them. You only live once so get whatever you like and can afford and don't worry about what other people think. When they start paying the bill then they can tell you what to drive or ride.

Scotty87 and Gorilla George like this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

My thing is for $30k there are better sporty vehicles than an entry Macan

Sent from my smatrfone

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

In that group of cars:
    Panamera GTS
    M5 Comp
    E63S

16. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Fixerated

BigBird likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

Well that's a Given :D

18. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

The RX350 is a tank and very reliable, depreciates very slowly and if anything breaks, is relatively cheap to fix. The Porsche is the complete opposite of that. Ok, it is probably cooler to drive, but it's an SUV for chrissakes.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

[​IMG]

cha0s#242 likes this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Panamera is ghastly. But you can't see it when you're sitting inside and it more than makes up for it. :D

RoadRacerX, noles19 and Knotcher like this.