1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Muzzy Superbike for auction on BAT

Discussion in 'General' started by elvee, Jun 28, 2019.

1. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Any time they have done a relist of a vehicle, they state this. There are regularly cars for sale that have been sold on there which are then being sold by the new owner, sometimes within a few months.

2. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

@Notfast Maybe this is what I'm seeing. I swear I've seen unsold cars come back up for auction; but, if you've sold there before, I'll say I am mistaken and that you're right as I've never listed anything with them before.

Notfast likes this.
  3. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

I’ve got a car up on bat currently - no reserve . I’m curious to see how smoothly the sales end of the deal works out ....

4. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

From a purely business perspective, an auction house not allowing relisting severely limits their potential customer base. Seems like a bad idea but I also have never used them so what do I know.

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

backbone likes this.
  6. sdg

sdg *

So much cool stuff comes up on that site...think that might be what they are going for

7. Busdriver02

Busdriver02 Well-Known Member

Matt Farah interviewed the owner of the site on "The Smoking Tire Podcast." Interesting vehicles with cool stories are what they're going for. It's like the narrative and the conversation in the comment section is the product, that someone gets to buy/sell something cool is secondary.

8. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Honestly, I hate to agree but I do. It would be easier to swap in a zx10 engine than to have to source those engine parts if they broke.

9. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

It's a shame it only sold for 22k. I just sent the link to my friend Jacques Guénette who used to race for Muzzy back in the day. He might have been interested...

10. precipitous

precipitous Well-Known Member

Man, some of you guys don't understand BaT very well! :D

They F-USA Muzzy Kawasaki didn't sell, that's what "Reserve Not Met" means. $22k was the high bid, nothing stopping anyone from contacting Gonda to try and work out a deal.

I'm still kicking myself that I should've bid on on a no reserve 5k mile 2014 Panigale R that sold for $14,500 a month ago.

11. Notfast

Notfast Well-Known Member

My car was no reserve, the last 3 hours of bidding it went up $3,000. I'm guessing I got lucky that someone fairly local to me ended up buying the car. He drove up to look at it the day he won the bid. We did a bank transfer, after my bank confirmed it went through I sent the title and other DMV paperwork he'd need next day so he could get it registered/insured in his name. The following weekend he and his wife drove it home.

12. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

When I purchased the 85 Benz Wagon I PayPal'd the owner, and picked up the car a few hours later. From auction ending to Benz in my driveway was 4 hours. Car was located 70 miles away in Laguna Beach.

GarrettRick, which car is yours?

13. I am surprised it got a $22k bid. It must have been someone with a lot of money, who wanted it for nostalgia or sentimental reasons.

You can easily get more performance for half that money.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's not sold. :Poke:

15. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Yes, these older bikes and cars are always about what they were/did, not how they compare to new models.

YamahaRick likes this.
  16. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

75 Land Rover 88
    The green convertible ....

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1975-land-rover-88-series-iii/

ducnut and backbone like this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Duh. Gixxer

stk0308 likes this.
  18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

This.

I have Larry Pegram's AMA Formula Extreme Ducati 749RS. I bought it about 10 years ago because it was full of RS parts. I later found out that it was one of 4 complete bikes built by Ducati Corse for AMA FX. 2 for Cragill and 2 for Pegram.

The bike is really cool, I raced it a little here and there, but I was always worried about crashing it or blowing it up. Some of the parts can't be replaced. I broke one of the RS axle adjusters and had to have one made. The cams are a whole other story.

It's still a missile by middleweight standards, makes 156HP. And the chassis is incredible. But no electronics to speak of (just data logging).

It's worth alot to the right person, which is someone who cares about the collector value and all the RS parts. But for the majority of us it's just a cool old race bike.

19. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Yep, it’s cool to see that history in a factory race bike. As mentioned previously, not even Michael Jordan with his gazillions of dollars could buy a full on Yoah race bike. Scott Russel and Doug Chandler did some amazing things on those Kawasakis. I’d do nothing more than ride that bike up and down my driveway if I owned it.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

But Jordan could hired Rob Muzzy....