1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Muzzy Superbike for auction on BAT

Discussion in 'General' started by elvee, Jun 28, 2019.

1. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

If you have to ask, you won’t understand. It’s a color thang mang :rolleyes:

2. [​IMG]

3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Coming from the guy who prefers white wheels only. Dafug outta here :Poke:

Gorilla George and gpz11 like this.
  4. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

seriously... i wonder how much it is worth, and what it's reserve is? i have a soft spot for the zx7r bikes, the wife and I affectionately nicknamed, the "fat girl". fun to dance with but, dont want to have your friends catch you with her.

i had a 1994 with a polished frame, muzzy ti pipe, dyno tuned, etc... ( the purple and pink, non green version), also had a 2003 version, the last year they were imported into the usa (blazing pearl orange), left the frame alone, powder coated the wheels pearl orange. they were heavy but, the harder you pushed them, the more stable they were.

i have a print of this bikes, previous year sister, with scott russell on it, in the garage.
    i could see me buying this... road trip to cali. :D

vintage legal?

hmmmmmmmmm

Ski

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK, I just read the description. If it's the bike claimed under the rules, that's the one I saw. Sitting with my friend's couple of Raptors in a mostly empty sprinkler warehouse (that should be enough clues for Philadelphia-area guys to know who was holding it). Pretty strange sight. :D

6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Grigg?

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No, I don't know him. Is he even from that area?

8. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I thought nearly all of Griggs Muzzy bikes burnt up in a house fire.?

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I’m gonna say $80k on that bike. I hope it goes for even more

10. No doubt. He doesn’t even deserve to look at it let alone comment on it. Flat slides would be too noisy for him anyway ;-)

11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Steve Grigg. He raced in that era and was one of the resident fast privateers on a Raptor(s).

I wish I had the cash back then. Quite a few guys dumped their zx7’s when the 96 GSXR came out and some nice ones were available. The guy from Iconic Motorbikes has a great collection

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Area, not era. I know who he is, I just don't know him.

13. sdg

sdg *

Only bid to 22k

14. My max bid would have been 350.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I would have bid 351 just to make sure it goes to someone else.

Gorilla George likes this.
  16. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

I am curious to see where it turns up next for sale. BAT doesn’t allow second auctions unless there was an issue with the first, like a non-paying bidder.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know what kind of money they expected it to bring in but realistically, that bike isn't worth that much money. It's cool as shit, but it's not worth the money they turned down, in my opinion. If someone is buying it to race (as they should), it's just an old, really, really cool vintage race bike.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  18. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Uhm, No. There are several cars on BAT right now that were on there just a few months ago, including ones that didn't sell.

19. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Agreed! And you gotta add the 5% fee to BAT, so that takes the bike up to over 23 grand BEFORE you either ship it or spend the time/money to go get it yourself.

20. Notfast

Notfast Well-Known Member

When I sold a car on BaT earlier this year I was specifically told they would only re-list the car if there was an issue with the buyer not paying. Otherwise, if it didn't sell they would not re-list it. I'm not sure if their more expensive listings, the Plus or White Glove, would allow a vehicle to be listed again if it didn't reach reserve but for the $99 listing you get one shot at the sale. I'll be listing my D90 with them later in the year, I've already been in contact with them about the sale and was again told it's a one shot listing.