1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Etiquette

Discussion in 'General' started by VFR#52, Jul 2, 2019.

1. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

no, you made it pretty clear...
    "If you move my stuff, I would assume you are stealing it and would respond accordingly. Just sayin... "
    No mention of bad behavior exceptions, on fire, no mention of calling track security..nothing.
    What exactly is "responding accordingly" when someone is stealing your stuff (even if they aren't, you ASSUME they ARE!) ...you gonna bake em a cake?? don't go back trakin now .
    If you meant you would call track security, or confront them in a non violent manner first.. well, yea. I would obviously be on board with that response.

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I hope so. I needs some entertainment.

3. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

giphy.gif

motoboy likes this.
  4. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Amazing how you can go from knowing every detail and fact about everything, to playing dumb so fast and now caring about details...:rolleyes:

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Who cares? Honestly. Damn dude, obsess much.

6. I think a little common sense has to be used. I am sure you know what is being talked about, especially in the context of this thread.

If my shit is in the path of a fire, or tornado, or Godzilla, then of course moving it would be fine, and appreciated.

I believe we have all been around enough to be able to tell if someone is moving your stuff as a courtesy, or if they are sneaking and trying to steal it.

Personally, if someone was trying to steal my shit, yes I would confront them. And I make no promises of it being non-violent. I can’t stand a fucking thief. I’ve given away so much shit at the track, it is ridiculous. I’ll help anyone in need, that asks. But someone trying to steal my shit, calling security would be the last thing on my mind.

noles19, joec, ToofPic and 1 other person like this.
  7. MELK-MAN

You... can seriously fuck the fuck off... fukin seriously. Dont even read your posts fwiw..

8. MELK-MAN

He had more space to spread out with the larger rig parked next to chuck ivey, than had he been squished between ivey's rig and the rig that moved his trailer a few feet.
    Im not Not justifying what happened, but adding context to what people didnt see and the end result of who was where.

9. MELK-MAN

The common sense that was calling for Bob to need lots of spare tires at the next event he attended? I didn't post anything in this thread till I saw the pitchforks and torches coming out over what in the grand scheme of things... ya know.. applying common sense..wasnt a big deal.

10. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

The only solution is to have qualifying for pit spots. Racers race.

11. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Good grief people...turn off your damn computers and go work on your race bike. Totally ridiculous how you are acting. Grow the hell up FFS.

12. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

13. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I get responding to those people when it's a friend they are talking about, but you're better off just rolling your eyes and moving on, 99% of the time they are full of shit anyway or haven't been to a race track in years..

Gino230, Spitz and MELK-MAN like this.
  14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Got everything buttoned up for MidOhio yesterday and I'm stuck at work today with LOTS of free time so......NO.

I am a bit surprised that this brush fire has only grown 3 pages since yesterday... seems like just ONE of the usual jackasses still has his heels dug in and continues to post...

Jon Wilkens likes this.
  15. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I'll be pitted right outside the gate next to a roadside produce stand if anyone needs me.

t11ravis and Shenanigans like this.
  16. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

John has been queried on several interesting topics, but has gone silent. Curious.

17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

probably out riding dirt bikes :D

Mot Okstef likes this.
  18. jfcasley

jfcasley Well-Known Member

I just have one question. None of this touching other peoples stuff applies to Joe P.'s XR, right?

backbone and joec like this.
  19. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

In hindsight,,, a couple beers and a note on the trailer... Steve would still have been a little butthurt but Rob's sincere effort would mitigate his rage.

SpeedyTide and t11ravis like this.
  20. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I didn't read past page 2, but proper paddock parking should be covered in all new rider school classes. Along with common sense, quiet generators, Pit Bull trailer restraints, and extended screwdriver access.

Hotfoot, shakazulu12, RichB and 3 others like this.