1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Etiquette

Discussion in 'General' started by VFR#52, Jul 2, 2019.

1. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Again I know and sounds like I have taken sides without being there! But I have seen too many times a over reaction to a situation a lot . So again not to piss more off but if this is the case ? Don’t you think it needs to be addressed?

2. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Might point or one of

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Sophia Loren

MachineR1 and Gino230 like this.
  4. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Huh?
    Nevermind, i don't care.

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

At the end of the day, touching/ moving/messing with someone else's shit(especially someone you don't know) is not acceptable behavior. If you defend that behavior, or dog the guy who's stuff was messed with, your as big of a douchebag as the one that did it.

Do I think the OP should put it to bed now...yep but I would be just as pissed if it happened to me.

FZ1guy, t500racer, VFR#52 and 6 others like this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

IMHO when you are in the same race, those problems can very suddenly become yours

John Branch likes this.
  7. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Will let rest when y’all that don’t understand,understand. That the accused tried to talk too? But one would not talk? Is this what we as people have come too? Yes was not right but was not wrong! Tired to make right but takes two to tango. Look at BOTH SIDES!

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

Y’all should have seen @Metalhead doing naked sunbathing straight out of his tent at night at Road Atlanta couple years ago.

Lil kid was running his mini up and down the paddock around midnight.

With a brief, single sided conversation led by tin-dome from 100ft away, that issue was quickly resolved.

I suggest him as official WERA pit mediator

TurboBlew likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Teach knew about it anyway and has been dealing with issues in that spot for a while so this has been a long time coming really.

10. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Lol naked dudes yelling "SHUT THE FUCK UP" always works.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

GNF PA I'm working on already. There is a PA for the area however that isn't tied to the tower one, and if we don't use the tower one then no one shows. That was the issue doing it inside the year before. If we do it on the winners circle it's a pain because of lighting and it now being up a flight of stairs...

I'm not sure on pitting there, I'll consider it. Right now I'm tired from everything else this last month and not in the mood to be nice, maybe in August :D

On the rest - the PA at Barber is the best of any track so I'm truly lost how you can't hear it or get the FM station by T1. I'll ask them about it.

You don't hear people bitching because they don't bitch to you, they come to me, that's just part of the job.

No clue on the T1 wedding parking, that does seem silly.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We do but the track has a much much better one. Usually works great. Not sure if there was an issue or not but I'll look into it.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good lord man, if I make a rule every time you get pissed we'd have the Encylopedia as a rulebook :D

Seriously though - no, I will not make a rule about touching other peoples stuff. There is no reason. Currently I can't figure out if you should be pissed about this or if you're overreacting. I know the space but not the specifics and your explanation doesn't help so no need to post it again. Overall I do agree about moving things but a couple feet is not an issue and as far as the wheels being cabled so it wouldn't roll away - so what? Did they uncable them and it rolled away?

I am curious, to the nearest foot how much room did you have between the last handicapped spot and his trailer?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why would you be slipping the clutch at the two board? The two isn't a short board, not even close. It can be even 30 seconds while the grid marshals check the grid.

Phl218 likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, people have been getting away with it and other officials have seen that just as you have which is why I am not making a set rule about Barber parking for WERA events. It's easy to understand isn't it? No one in the center section in front of, behind, or next to the tower. Voila. I find simple rules to be good.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Didn't Kevin have to do a letter after Summit about shenanigans?

17. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Who is the sad "fuckwad" defending another person touching shit that isn't theres. Yea the same fuckwad who always stands up for scum. Pretty defensive for a guy that knew he shouldn't be parking there in the first place. Now crying no p.a. and wasted power space now. Dont worry buddy someday our paths will cross and you'll get to meet this "fuckwad". I cant wait.

Mot Okstef likes this.
  18. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Yep.

19. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

If something would have happened to the bikes that were on the trailer, I find it hard to believe that anyone would be saying that it's ok to touch other people's stuff to accommodate your convenience (I find it hard to believe that this was the only spot available on the property).
    If this thread makes anyone think twice about moving someone else's stuff without asking, then the thread was worth it.

speedluvn, VFR#52 and Yzasserina like this.
  20. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

takin this a little far. Way more drama and personal history than anyone reading this cares to know. His point, although VERY long winded, and potentially over dramatized, has been taken. The offending party fessed up and anyone that knows Bob, his very successful company Roaring Toyz (built a sweet bike for Matt Mladin and others), races both SS class and twins class in MA, helps out a LOT of racers, usually up and coming ones selflessly, won't likely do this again. But taking this opportunity way to rehash some (what appears to be) some personal history is almost as uncool as moving someones trailer a few feet. I met Steve. Is he a bit on the dramatic side ? yea. He's also pretty hardcore out there on an old bike takin the green white checkers. .

G 97 and beechkingd like this.