1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 996

Discussion in 'General' started by TheGrouchyCat, Jun 17, 2019.

1. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Michael Long is a very good Duc mechanic. He was at the old Athens Ducati dealer for a long time, then was one of the guys who bought it and moved it to Atlanta. He was also a wrench for FBF's MV Agusta team. Last I heard he was around Charlotte somewhere. I'm curious who you got that from, as the bike looks familiar.

TheGrouchyCat and Phl218 like this.
  2. TheGrouchyCat

TheGrouchyCat Don't let my friends know I'm slow

Jeff H.

3. sdg

sdg *

I has a yeller 998. Belts are easy. Rockers are a bit of a bitch (wasn't mine).

Mine is also in the living room.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. TheGrouchyCat

She's here! Came in a sprinter van overnight for $300. Not bad for one day shipping. It's definitely a rider, not a show bike and that's exactly what I needed. Went for a test ride, and I think I'm in love. I really would have loved to get out of 2nd gear and get on a big road but the front tire is 11 years old. Bike came with a Pirelli front that appears to be 6 years old so I'll mount that and get half a season out of it, then get some new rubber next spring. After the front tire is changed I need to get some rear turn signals and figure out what's up with the tail/brake lights. I have no idea wtf this chain of bolt collars is, but it's making the license plate scratch tf out of the mufflers. Also there's some sort of gasket sealant on the head gasket? Is that normal? I've got my work cut out for me on this one. Time to get a weekend job to pay for all the junk I'm gonna put on here!

IMG_4061.JPG IMG_4062.JPG IMG_4063.JPG IMG_4064.JPG IMG_4065.JPG IMG_4066.JPG

418 and trussdude like this.
  5. 418

418 Expert #59

6. 418

418 Expert #59

I think we have at most couple of years before the early bikes start commanding stupid prices.

TheGrouchyCat, trussdude and Phl218 like this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

Do

Not

Run

Without

Having

Belts

Changed

First

8. TheGrouchyCat

He said he did them a year ago. But you're right, "I trusted some dude from Facebook" is usually the start of a long rant on the beeb about how shitty people are.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. Phl218

Phl218 .

They are $100

Unless he showed you the invoice...

10. TheGrouchyCat

Ok finally after a week of BS'ing with the BMV I got it registered. Also got a fender eliminator kit so I have turn signals and a plate light now.

I'm losing power around 5-6k RPM, and if it's cold it will occasionally die at idle. I'm thinking fuel filter.

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

Sell it before you lose your ass

I offer you 350

Mot Okstef likes this.
  12. TheGrouchyCat

All yours. My nuts can’t hold up my weight anymore and my legs are cooked medium rare. Also what are these little shiny things on the front fairing that reflect an image of my riding jacket?

Loving it regardless...

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

When can I come pick it up?

TheGrouchyCat likes this.