1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit Etiquette

Discussion in 'General' started by VFR#52, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Done.

MachineR1 and Funkm05 like this.
  2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Makes sense that the fuckhead uses a z for an s.

BHP41, Rising Sun, Chris and 4 others like this.
  3. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I have a big rig, I'm tired, I'll make a spot. Once someone parks that's their spot. Don't fuck with other people's shit. I'm amazed at how entitled some people are.

DmanSlam, BHP41, Rising Sun and 9 others like this.
  4. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Vendors normally have a separate reserved area so it's not usually an issue. I know Mongo runs a tight ship when he's there and normally marks spots off and makes sure people park right. It didn't sound to me like the OP came in late. Sounds like he left Texas early enough to get there in order to get a good spot, then FL guy shows up at midnight and moves his shit. The bottom line is you NEVER move people's stuff in the pits for ANY reason.

So we have two sides of the story here. OP said his trailer was moved and the toyhauler was in his spot. FL guy says he moved the trailer over 1 foot. I'm calling for pitchforks, trebuches and a 3 ft. screwdriver!!!! :D

5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

So, once you apologized and gave your explanation - did you move your stuff and put his trailer back?

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes.. Ironically Bock and Stick and Kevin with Michelin were parked on the same level... The right way!

stickboy274 likes this.
  7. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for this fucker the next time he parks in the pit. I would suggest bringing extra tires and something to defend against a 3ft screwdriver!

noles19 likes this.
  8. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I drive for a living.Parking big rigs is a serious matter in my business.Its never been anyones problem,but mine if I fail to secure parking before they fill up,its that simple.
    Everyones tired after driving a long distance,we all have to find parking, no ones special (plan ahead like steven),doesnt excuse touching someones shit.

Steven seems to have planned ahead,secured parking,and Mr.Super entitled shows up late,and touches shit that he doesnt own? Am I right so far?

Im only voicing my opinion on this,because I remember an ass hole at the gnf yrs ago that was bullying,and ready to fight over just this type of shit.
    Shows up a day late,and bullys the guy pitted next to me.
    I honestly wish I had stood up for the guy now...damn mouthy assed yankee :D

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

To be clear, this was at a WERA event?

VFR#52 likes this.
  10. Mot Okstef

That's because they understand Pit Etiquette. ;)

Yes, you are right. I did the same thing when I was racing. I would show up early to secure a good spot, especially during Endurance weekends. I normally camped at the track but if I stayed at a hotel and came back in the morning to find out someone had moved my shit I would be beyond super pissed. :mad:

ToofPic likes this.
  11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I wouldn't touch anyone else's stuff...that's a given...BUT, in the past there have been space issues at track events I've attended, generally I like to find a way to
    share space with someone if at all possible, offer them the ability to go in my toy hauler to enjoy the AC or heat, food if I can spare it..and a place to sleep if I have a spare bed, or
    have them move their bed in space in my hauler if we got room somewhere.

I'm on vacation when I'm at the track...I want to have a good time...I want everyone having a good time. I deal with bullshit all day every day at work....I get paid to deal with it there.

12. Mot Okstef

It was the Concours de Competition event at Barber this past weekend. It was WERA working with Barber and several other folks to put on the event. It's the sticky thread at the top of the General forum.

13. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Shit like this happened to me with a big toy hauler on a regular basis. No they didn’t move all my shit cause it was to big to move but we were uncomfortably close all weekend for no real reason other than their lack of planning and me leaving I guess 2’ too much extra room under my awning.

Trust me a “loud ass generator” is not the main asshat issue when camping at a racetrack. You can be the guy who takes off work with ample time to get there on time and get a nice spot only to wake up Saturday morning with people under your awning setup to race. And they’ll look at you like “what’s your problem”.

As for the longways campers at barber yep Ben Younger did it at a NESBA end of year trackday there one year. He’s a dick head on and off track and probably broke since then cause I’ve never seen him at any track since. Money ran out from producing shitty movies lol

I’m usually pretty easy going when helping others get a spot but most of my bad dealing happened when I’m asleep in my area that I secured in plenty of time and usually waited in line to get only to have them decide on their own they’ll just squeeze in on top of me. It’s frustrating and I don’t miss it.

The guy moving a small trailer or anything not his is in no way shape or form acceptable. He might want to leave a little earlier next trip to get a spot instead of taking someone’s else’s.

14. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

I had a similar pit etiquette (or lack thereof) situation at a race weekend last year. For a bit of background this was Thursday night in the main paddock and the same 3-4 of us park in the same spot every race weekend.

I get to the track around 7:30pm, pretty typical time and literally a QUARTER of the main paddock is cordoned off with take off tires and painters paint with no one there. I check and the three official vendors are already in their typical spots so I move the tires and back my trailer into the spot. As soon as I finish backing my trailer in [insert racer from visiting org] comes screeching in on a pit bike and says: "Hey! thats reserved for [insert pro-racer.]" I told him off and parked there saying "unless you are a vendor, the pit is first come first served. If he wants a good spot tell him to get here earlier." Fast forward to 11PM and [insert pro] shows up and parks his 28ft trailer lengthwise, blocking in at least 5 racers' pits . . . .

I get it if you save a small spot for your buddy and his 6x12. I probably won't say anything or care. The kicker is [insert pro] wasn't even racing. He was there supporting two riders . . . . not to mention he doesn't have the best reputation.

15. Mot Okstef

:stupid: :beer:

Hi Roy! :D

16. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

so let me get this straight... this is a thread about not moving someones stuff, at all, but your now saying it's cool to mess with someones stuff. Literally vandalize their personal property. Wow. This place is interesting. Pitchforks out, torches lit, at the drop of a hat. Holy shit..

17. Mot Okstef

You're. :p

And the whole point was if people keep getting away with this shit they will never learn a lesson.

Vigilante Justice bitches! :D

18. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

.. learn a lesson, yea, but don't call for destruction of personal property.
    Oh, and i was there. Literally, right f-in there. Pitted next to these guys.

19. Mot Okstef

How are they going to learn a lesson if there are no repercussions? :confused:

So you were there, at Barber, literally right next to Steven? What did you do to help the situation?

20. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

The white knight comes galloping in atop his trusty steed once again... :D