1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Stock 1000

Discussion in 'General' started by Superbikeorbust, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Superbikeorbust

Superbikeorbust Well-Known Member

What do you think about the stock 1000 class? Is it kinda underrated? Will these guys step up to Superbike?

2. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

I wouldn't say underrated, just not the Premier Class. But I think that is the general idea of the "ladder" that MotoA is trying to create. Start the young kids out in the Junior Cup and then have them move up through the ranks (600 SS, Stock 1000) and eventually a possible Superbike ride. I guess it all depends on the seats available in Superbike and the cost to move up to that class.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Actually haven't see much of any coverage of it.

How do the front running SSTK lap times compare to the SBK field's

4. Mot Okstef

At UMC Geoff May qualified on pole with a 1:32.050. Cam Beaubier took pole in Superbike with a 1:29.862.

Top race times for Superbikes were in the 1:30 range and top race times for Stock 1000 were in the 1:32 range, so not too shabby.

5. Superbikeorbust

Superbikeorbust Well-Known Member

You can see most of the action from all the classes on www.motoamericaliveplus.com

turbulence likes this.
  6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So at UMC May on a SSTK bike would have been 9th on the grid. I guess we could expect if he was on a full blown SBK he would have Q'd a bit better, but isn't part of the reason for SSTK is that it's a lower price point for the competitors since they aren't having to sink mucho $$$'s into the bikes to be competitive.

But I mean this has been discussed before....there were races when Fonger on his SSTK ZX-10 was running fairly competitively with some of the SBK guys.

5axis and Superbikeorbust like this.
  7. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

The SSTK1000 grid for Laguna is STACKED. It's been some good racing and commentary seems to be improving. Still needs work though.

Not only is it cheaper, but a lot of the racers know they'll at least have a fighting chance and their bike won't be the thing that's ultimately lacking.

8. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

It's surprising how close the times are given the cost difference in the machinery

Will9465 and Superbikeorbust like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lots of 1k riders on the west coast.

Superbikeorbust likes this.
  10. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

I have Live+, and go to races. I don’t watch them at either. Maybe just put them back in the mix with superbike.

Circacee likes this.
  11. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

From the looks of it, they did this exact thing back in 2016 right? The Superstock guys would run red plates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah and it caused more issues than it solved affecting the Superbike race outcomes. There is no need for it.

t11ravis, TX Joose and Senna like this.
  13. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Ah, makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

FTFY :D

SundaySocial and Mot Okstef like this.
  15. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Fong, Scholtz, and Lewis gave the factory Superbikes fits when they ran together, Scholtz had an overall win a mixed condition race, and him and pretty sure Fong had podiums. They seemed to give up the most at HP tracks like RAm, COTA, and the long Utah track, and over the long run of a race. They were all faster than some full Superbike trim packages like the Honda’s.

16. Mot Okstef

:crackup:

I guess only time will tell if it becomes a feeder class (if they don't kill it) since it's still kinda new. ;)

17. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Scholz's Sunday 2017 race win at Barber was in unmixed conditions. Fully soaking wet. Saturday may have been mixed. He's remarkable in low traction conditions.

18. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Ha ha. Was waiting for that.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid:
    Keep forgetting there is one.

20. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Well Dumas is first of the "high profile" Junior Cup kids to give it a go, so we'll see how his progression through the M4 team goes vs others that jump to the 600s.