1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 8 | Netherlands | Assen | June 28 - 30

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Don't think I've ever turned off a race. Don't even care right now.

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

That was a rough 1000'...

MachineR1 likes this.
  3. 12v_dub

12v_dub Well-Known Member

SO what happened between rossi and taka? They showed a replay, but not much to see from it.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well damn...

MachineR1 and Phl218 like this.
  5. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd like to see the full summary with vids from every angle. Looked like Rossi passed then boom.

6. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Watching the practice sessions Fri and Sat, Quarteraro was having massive head shake on that back straight repeatedly. I kept saying to myself, "they'll have to fix that before Sunday".

Lo and behold, it was worse by today. I think someone has some splaining to do cause that cost him time, for sure.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Sadly, the cameras are usually only pointed at the front of the race, so there may not be any footage of the incident, unless Nakagami's onboard footage is available. Rossi's onboard didn't show much other than passing Nakagami and then tumbling.

8. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

From Rossi's onboard, it looked like he passed Taka and then tucked the front on corner entry and took him out. Rossi running over to check on him kinda supports that scenario.

BigBird likes this.
  9. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I only saw the one background shot on the race replay where they were already flying. Glad they're both ok because that was a high speed mix of bodies and bikes.

galloway840 likes this.
  10. #1StreetRacer

#1StreetRacer Active Member

Thank You! Due homage was in order. Thank you very much. Homage duly paid.

Razr likes this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Looked like that in the after race replay. Ambition outweighing Talent Again

Lawn Dart likes this.
  12. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

From the guy who drives a minivan. :crackup::D

BigBird and motoracer1100 like this.
  13. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Had a chuckle when Rossi came over to Taka, and moved the corner worker out of the way so he could kneel down and check on him "it's ok, I'm a doctor". Hope Taka is ok, that was FAST.

badmoon692008, BigBird, zjay and 4 others like this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Kornfell managed that long lap penalty like a boss.

eggfooyoung and Yzasserina like this.
  15. G 97

G 97 Garth

I can’t remember seeing a bike headshake like that in MOTOGP, GP500 use to have some wobblers but don’t recall seeing much of it for a while. Damn even, MM Honda was doing it in places.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Three in a row with Rossi hitting the ground. He might need to rethink some things after this season.

Adam.B likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He says it was the wind. Sometimes he wasn't even using sixth gear. Just stayed in fifth.

18. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Well done.

masshole likes this.
  19. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

I heard them talk about that on the pre-race show then they said the ambient temperature was 84 degrees. Is that a heat wave over there? The forecast for the rest of the week is 60's and 70's. At least it was a dry race.

The forecast here for Tuesday and Wednesday is 100 degrees each day. Now THAT'S a heat wave! :eek:

20. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

The onboard seems like Taka just runs right up on him, although its tough to be conclusive.
    Did Fabio say that? I know that was Simon's hypothesis, but I didn't hear anyone else make that claim. I thought for sure after about lap 8 he was going to fade, but showed great determination. Mav rode fantastic.