1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leftist Olympics 2020

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Jan 19, 2019.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

No idea what you're talking about here, they send you a bill for those services...

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Who? The EMT's? I've seen it done both ways. Some are a public service, some are a contracted entity, others are private. I've even heard of fire departments requiring membership and/or billing. Police won't do it unless it's something like Jussy Smallett where you waste a shitload of their time, and even then it's just if there's a plea to avoid criminal charges.

Imagine the uproar if you had a bunch of your stuff stolen and when the cops showed up, they'd only investigate after you paid them!

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

No they don’t. They can’t protect anything when they are not present. They enforce laws. They don’t provide or protect rights. So before or with out cops people have no rights? Cops are hired to enforce laws, not to provide rights.

The overwhelming amount of people don’t murder others not because they are afraid of the punishment, it’s because ther are good decent humans who have morals etc. Punishment is not a deterrent. For the most part people are going to behave accordingly, regardless.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You're getting into some real basic ethics and morality disputes there. That's a core argument, whether people are good because they're inherently good, or because they're inherently bad but fear the potential consequences of their actions. Question, do you drive faster when you know there are no police around? Do you slow down when you see one or enter an area you know they patrol heavily? ;)

5. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

The Supreme Court has ruled that police do not have to protect the public.

Britt likes this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Tell this to Mr. insanely high IQ. :D

7. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

You're gonna have to narrow that down a bit...lots of them smarties 'round here. :D

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Watching my MIL suffer from having outlived her sanity, I am thinking probably lining the garage with Visqueen, running a drainage pipe to the throttle body, and settling in to a few shots of whiskey and some Pink Floyd while the CO builds up enough to knock me out.

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

The best thing to do is for the government to stay out of it rather than to solidify the sides. Let people be judged by THEIR actions rather than the group they are put in. Perfect example the other day. Mom is in the hospital and the one nurse was either gay or turning down a lot of gay advances LOL. However he was a great nurse and pleasant to talk to. Took his job of helping people serious also. In contrast there was a few nurses that plodding in checked the box and trudged off to the break room. Didn't want to date any of them (though the blond dialysis nurse was smoking and nice) but one was better than the rest and gay didn't even factor in.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

:crackup:

Investigate. :crackup: :crackup:

All they do is file a report so you can submit it to your insurance. If even.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That’s not want that ruling meant. What it meant was that they’re not liable if they fail to protect the public.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes, so in effect, no accountability. So by default and in reality, they are not legally mandated to protect the public.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Which is why the shitbag deputy in floridiotsylvania will walk on the charges against him.

G 97 likes this.
  15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No criminal or civil penalties, assuming they weren’t violating any policies. They can still suffer other penalties, ie: losing their jobs. So yes, they still have a mandate to protect the public.

But just for giggles, who do you feel is responsible for protecting your rights?

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They don’t get an automatic pass. If they’re not following policy or law they’re on their own.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Me

fastfreddie, scottn, thrak410 and 2 others like this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

The law doesn’t require someone to put themself in peril to assist others.

Hence, no duty to protect.

Because of the emotions involved he’ll hey convicted and overturned on appeal. Mark my words.

19. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

What is going on with Biden is part of the purging of straight white males from the Democratic Party. What better way than to start at the top?? Oh that Bernie. They gonna replace that moron with AOC.

20. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

You can go with your buddies to your local government building to practice freedom of speech about health not been right. Call police and they will come to protect you. :)