1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gamers - FPS (specifically COD Modern Warfare - Remastered)

Discussion in 'General' started by pefrey, Jan 30, 2019.

1. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

If you are playing on a PS4 then 4K is overkill. The PS4 only supports 1080 at 60fps. If you really wanna play games at higher resolution and frame rate get a pc.

Steeltoe likes this.
  3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

You are right to a degree. But a system with a 1070 likely has a newer revision of pcie which will have lower latency then the old AGP slots.

4. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

At 120FPS, the latency of the video card bus wouldn't register statistically, we're fretting about ms and you're getting bent over individual ns? :D Again, I fully stand by my statement, your card choice is not going to impact the latency between it and the monitor, and I have doubts Mr "Should I go 4k" is asking that question while rocking an interface standard that died out 15 years ago...

5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I hear you. I played Mike Tyson’s Punch Out for like an hour last night. Couldn’t beat Soda Popinski to save my life.

6. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

UPDATE:

As mentioned by some of you, good headphones and learning the maps made a huge difference. I have clawed my way to a .84 K/D from .31. Using the controller effectively still eludes me, it is difficult to use my thumbs quickly and precisely.

Other notes:
    I play way too much and may be joining the divorce thread soon lol.
    What is it with people and non-game related noise? Taunting people is stupid and I don't want to hear your music nor you talking to somebody. Mute yourself.
    I am playing Domination and when you kill a bad guy, there is a momentary audio connection between you and the killed player. I usually mute all players because they usually say something offensive, but sometimes I forget and the voice on the other end expressing disappointment (not offensive or vulgar) is obviously a young child. That kinda makes me feel bad but I get over it pretty quickly because those SOB's murder me routinely lol.

7. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I love playing propgame on remastered.

If you can't handle today's words in the lobby, you would have NEVER made it thru the Black ops 2 lobbies.

Also, take a tiny red dot sticker and put it in the dead center of your screen. That's always where the gun will fire. Hip fire or aim. It'll always be there. Then you can just put your red dot in whoever and pull the trigger. Most all the pros started out doing this.

dtalbott and mram0256 like this.
  8. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

Hmm, the red dot idea sounds interesting and I might try it. Also, the prop game is fun and you can dominate if you know the map glitches.

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I play "Outside" and "Going Out To Dinner With My Wife" and "Going To The Park With My Dog".

Never been killed at any time in any of those games.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  10. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

Players that back out of a game also annoy me. There have been times when I am the only player left on my team, at which point I hide like a rabbit.

11. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

I like you, you're cool.

12. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

You must be a decent player... No one has ever beat any of those games though ;)

mpusch likes this.
  13. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

....that gave away an old gamers secret to run & gun some games with sniper rifles... Was always effective in Combat Arms and a few others.

14. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Wow Combat Arms, solid name drop. Game was tons of fun.

Red Dot on screen is nice in CS.

15. Blackbeener

Blackbeener Well-Known Member

I hate the count meter where it tells me I love lost 61 days,11hrs,35mins, of my life playing this stupid game.

dtalbott likes this.
  16. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Claymore and shock sticks to warn you if anyone is coming from behind you.

17. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

I've have a years worth of hours in Medal Of Honor Allied Assault, about 150 days worth in Counter Strike Source.

Those statistics suck.. It's like adding up how much money you spent on a race bike/racing.