1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayers good vibes.. whatever I can get

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Jun 24, 2019.

1. I just went through a realllllllly shitty few months. I’m just barely recovering from the awful awful depression I was in..

-Moved 1800 miles with the whole family, total trip from hell.
    -worked for 5 weeks and the job blew up in my face that I moved up here for.
    -out of work for another 6.
    -drama with my mom whom I don’t talk to.
    -daughter (3 years old) fractured the tip of her collar bone (no health insurance yet)
    -son(1 year old) got double ear infections while getting 4 teeth at once
    -I struggled for a bit even getting a call back from anywhere for work.
    -a lot of other bullshit in between.

Turning points were huge though. My wife’s RN license finally transferred from CA to WA so she finally started working as soon as she could. I was offered my new gig and it’s been going well. Kids health for the most part has been on the upward swing and we’re almost caught up on finances again. It just takes time.

Take it one day at a time and focus on the positive. You’ll be alright. :flag:

R Acree likes this.
  2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Hate reading that but at least I know other people can certainly understand what im going through

3. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Positive vibes from Nashville, Ben. I know all too well how it feels right now.

4. Something no one, especially the personality of a ‘typical’ motorcycle racer, talks about is mental health. Men in general see it as weakness. Most of my efforts these days go into making sure my mental health, something I’ve struggled with since I was a pretty small kid (depression, anxiety [social and personal], lack of focus, anger, etc) is a major priority in my life. It was a shitty kick in the pants sitting at home for weeks on end being depressed/anxious. But I’m working on it. I’m learning that if my head is right, most other things fall into place so I’m staying the course as best as I can.

Head up. Focus on the positives. Appreciate what you have and not what you’ve lost. Learn from everything. Talk about it with people who actively listen (not people who offer advice instead) and you’ll be alright. Embarrassing as hell telling people I’ve known for years about such bad depression I don’t even want to crawl out of bed, eat, answer a text, etc but I’m glad I got over it and talked about it. I felt as though it helped and made some of my relationships with old friends better.

Dave_SV and Yzasserina like this.
  5. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Hang in there Ben. And, the positive vibes begin with you. Make them happen bro.

6. tz_eric

tz_eric Well-Known Member

(((~~vibes~~)))

7. blue03R6

blue03R6 Well-Known Member

dude if you know how to do basic stuff to a motorcycle you could probably get a job in a few days time as a mechanic at a dealership. there's a big shortage of techs out there. I was offered a job making $20 as a mechanic. I know 20 is kind of crappy but considering they were only paying $15 a few years ago, they've realized they have to offer more to attract people. don't work for flat rate. they'll fu pretty hard by billing repairs at warranty rates. they expect guys to rebuild engines in 12 hrs. that includes pulling it and installing it.

8. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

Wishing you the best and glad to send vibes but I'm with prayers for you and your family.
    They are also dealing with down side of life.

Minus the tooth your doing OK, I've been there and done that and promise it will get better.
    If you refuse to give in, accept that some depression is normal.
    Being happy and upbeat about this would be weird.
    You didn't mention your field of work, start with the network you built up over the years.
    Stay positive and those who know you should be happy to send you leads or a job.

9. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Appreciate the well wishes everyone

10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

You got this, kimosabe. Hang in there !

11. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Try praying yourself!? THE POWER OF PRAYING IS AMAZING

12. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Sorry Ben. We’ve talked on your car matter before. Hopefully that has worked out. Whatever the universe has going on with you, I hope it stops and your well being improves 300x fold. If you need to talk, call me. Chin up, lad!

notbostrom likes this.