1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1995 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Race Bike - $1000

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by LD, May 20, 2019.

1. LD

LD I do science

Selling a '95 ZX-6R race bike. I bought this from the estate of a friend, Randy Chabot (former WERA expert racer) with the intention of fixing it up and racing in V7 Middleweight, but never had the time to finish it. I know nothing about its history, mileage, internals, etc. It does not have a title, but I can provide a bill of sale. Located in Raleigh, NC. Asking $1,000. If interested, contact me at [email protected]

The good:
    -Penske shock
    -Forks have CTR stickers. Maybe that means there's something in there, but I haven't opened them up to check
    -Woodcraft Rearsets
    -Factory Pro Jet Kit
    -Micron Exhaust
    -Race body work
    -Safety Wired
    -Freshly rebuilt carbs (new o-rings, gaskets, sonicated all components, etc)

The bad:
    Needs a tune. It starts right up and revs through the range when riding up and down the street, but bogs sporatically and is basically unrideable. I do have the stock sized jets and needles to go with it, and installing those may fix it, who knows.

Attached Files:

2. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

This thing is really cool. GLWS.

LD likes this.
  3. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

You may want to post on other vintage sites.
    Im in Facebook jail for another few days but will link it to my page after im free to help.

Steven

LD likes this.
  4. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

I posted it on my Facebook page.
    Hope this helps

Steven

5. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Try to get Chuck D to see this

6. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Seen it but building a new shop, no extra for projects right now

7. rcmike917

rcmike917 Well-Known Member

Wow, that is my old bike, sold it in 2010 or so, the buyer was a friend, she did some track days then sold it on. Very good race bike, in both V7 MW and HW depending on the track.

Back history- bike was a salvage title low side, bought from salvage yard out of charlottesville va and turned into a race bike.

I kept the motor stock and focused on getting the bike to handle, in the end it would simply crush the corners. Had GMD check it to make sure it straight, John with CTR and Thermosman helped me get it dialed in, running Bridgestone slicks, and vesrah pads, late brake and dive in. Just complete confidence in the bike all around.

Most likely carbs need a good sync, bike was touchy in the carbs.

edit- saw your question about the forks, internals were completely swapped and valving updated, can not remember the brand for the internals, but they worked. Fork fixed and Penske shock bike was good to go.

Good bike, hope it finds a good home. Pics from the glory days..

VIR.jpg
    zx6r1.JPG

Mike

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    VFR#52 and Wheel Bearing like this.
  8. LD

LD I do science

Thanks for the information!! I sold the bike to a friend of mine, but I will pass this on to him - I'm sure he will appreciate knowing a little more about it.