1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007.5 Aprilia RSVR Factory - Stealth Black Lion - NJ

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by DutchWorksMoto, Feb 22, 2019.

1. DutchWorksMoto

DutchWorksMoto Well-Known Member

10,8xx miles. Asking $5000 with everything below included. Located in northern NJ just outside of Manhattan. Clean title in hand.

Reluctantly listing the coolest Factory livery for sale - stealth black with gold forged wheels and frame. Factory editions come with the forged wheels, Ohlins up front and rear, damper, and a bunch of carbon bits on the street bodywork. I aimed to race it in AHRMA this season but since I've gone another way I don't see it getting much use. It deserves to be ripping around a track!

I'm the second owner, bought in Oct 2015 with 7k miles on it. I began turning this into a track and race machine, since then it has seen 10 track days total. Starts without a hiccup and has never given me problems or left me stranded.

Will meet up to 150 miles or so for a done deal. My parents also live in RI and I'm happy to trailer it up if current location is an issue.

Good bits:

- Brembo RCS19x20 with brand new Brembo reservoir kit.
    - Accossato folding clutch lever.
    - Acculign rearsets.
    - New Yuasa YTX-12BS battery 2/18.
    - Fresh front pads & a spare set at 50%.
    - Dunlop Q4 tires (190/55) - newer rear on the bike, have a brand new front not mounted. Will throw in Michelin Pilot Power 3 set (these are mid '14 build dates) with about half life left as well if wanted.
    - Leo-Vince titanium slip-ons with carbon ends. Map 2 confirmed by the folks at AF1 Racing since it was originally purchased new there with these installed.
    - Rhinomoto frame sliders.
    - Replaced the rear m/c with a Ducati Brembo unit for a working rear brake.
    - Replaced coolant and oil hose clamps with the stainless steel worm gear kit from AF1 (a handful left I will include but I completed all highlighted on the diagrams).
    - AF1 solid suspension link plates.
    - AF1 magnetic oil drain plug.
    - Newer Sunstar OEM rotors; cheap Chinese Ebay ones came with it.
    - Replaced the regulator/rectifier with a series Compu-fire 55402 within my first couple hundred miles & removed the brown connector. Crimped on a weatherpak terminal. Shows 14.4v at the leads @ 4k rpm. (a known preventative fix for burning stators on these bikes)
    - New air filter at the beginning of this past season.

Included: black lion street fairings and tank, rear seat, stock link plates, stock rearsets, stock front master cylinder, frame engine bolts (replaced by frame sliders), spare new shift lever, stock exhausts, stock reg/rec, spare Ebay special front rotors, box of hoses, good condition replacement front and rear sprockets, clamps, front brake switches, some oil and coolant.

Currently in track trim with fairings that have made their rounds on the AF1 forum and have seen better days. But entirely functional. I can return it to street form if desired. I had one low speed low side with it in track trim (damn turn 1 at NYST) and replaced all damaged bits, which was limited to frame slider puck, bar end, clutch lever, though some scrapes remain in the left exhaust. The major imperfections in the bike have pictures at the bottom of the post.

Typical road wear for the miles otherwise on the street bodywork. Minor scratches into the windscreen, some rock dings in the front fairing and some paint/decal on the right side has been rubbed on the mid fairing. Right before it went to track trim, I fixated on someone's lost knee puck and that put a gouge into the front bottom of the street bellypan. Overall incredibly clean and cared for otherwise. This walkaround is pre-lowside but the street fairings and right side can are in the same condition:

YouTube

Only one key. PO lost the spare.

If I were to hang onto it, I would be servicing the front forks & suspension linkage over the winter aside from typical fluid replacement.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3 copy.JPG

4 copy.JPG

5 copy.jpeg

6 copy.JPG

7.jpeg

8 copy.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

2. DutchWorksMoto

A few more snaps for condition as mentioned above:

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

Gorgeous!

4. Wiggie675

Wiggie675 Member

Is this bike still for sale?

5. DutchWorksMoto

Yes it is. I was getting more interest in it for the street than track so I've been working on returning it to more or less stock over this weekend. A bunch of the aftermarket parts are being or have been parted out separately. I will update the original post.

New price $4600 for it in street trim. No one has claimed the track bodywork yet so it can still go with it. It also received suspension linkage maintenance and an oil change this season.

Edit: I guess after some time you can't edit old posts so I will lay out what comes with it still and get some fresh pics if I finish it up tonight.

6. Wiggie675

Wiggie675 Member

I can’t figure out how to send you a private message. Any clue?

7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Pick on the OP’s screen name, then, pick on “start a conversation”.

8. DutchWorksMoto

For anyone else interested, here is a link to my CL ad after putting it back to street trim with a complete cleaning and polish. Again the original posting package has been broken up quite a bit at this point.

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/d/weehawken-2007-aprilia-rsvr-factory/6918825667.html

Anyone not coming from craigslist immediately gets $200 off asking price. :)

The track fairings and tank are still around and I'll gladly add them to this package for asking price.

IMG_1471.JPG

9. DutchWorksMoto

Deposit received, sold pending balance and pickup.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. flyingbaker

flyingbaker Active Member

Race body work gone also ?

11. DutchWorksMoto

Bodywork is going with the bike as part of a package deal.