1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question for my Yankee frens

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Jun 23, 2019.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

Round here its called getting your shape up.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Shows how much you know about Maine... :Poke:

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

We got so many dialects in the South it ain't funny. I've mastered them all. I like listening to the gulf coast peeps talk. Takes a minute to figger em out.

I'm with Stupid likes this.
  4. „boy“

5. joec

joec brace yourself

This cracks me up. Haha.

6. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

My HS English teacher used to go on about the "Tennessee Shift."

How many of y'all know what THAT is?

7. joec

joec brace yourself

Last time I was up there it was "guy". But it's been 2 or 3 years. I figured evolution wasn't something I should take into consideration. Cuz you know, Maine.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

“Guy” is a neutral greeting to someone you either don’t know or are indifferent about.

“Pally” is a negative descriptor for someone who is overstepping bounds or in some other way in growing peril of getting a punch in the nose.

All bets are off if you’re from “away”.... ;)

And all they got up there is evolution...sure as hell ain’t no genetic diversity. :D

joec likes this.
  9. Me. Ah lerntta spik it, y‘allnowhutahmeeun? (hint - the shift is almost always at the end)

10. joec

joec brace yourself

I'm guessing that's covered in the visitors guides available at the rest stops. I'll be sure to pick one up next time, guy. Lol

pickled egg likes this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hey Joe, wanna got with? I'm heading over to turkey hill and gonna get some tea and senape's, heynah. Later we'll hit the beer barn.

Nah, that might be way too a select area of PA for you but I know one person on this thread that is probably losing it. :D

Mot Okstef and joec like this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Stay on Route 1 and you’ll be fine. Stray much off that and the attitude about them damn tourists starts to paint a strong contrast.

BIL lobsters out of St. George, which is maybe 10 miles or so off US-1. That’s far enough. ;)

13. joec

joec brace yourself

I only step foot in Maine now to race at box shop.

14. The only one I hate hearing is Gawga Wheeze. That kind of breathy, squeaky stuff hurts my ears.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yankee scum!

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Someone make me a map.

17. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I was on Edisto last week and some locals were talking next to us at a restaurant. They honetly sounded like Boomhauer. It was so soothing.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Just head south until you hear banjos...

19. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Shouldn't that be head south until you hear Lawrence Welk

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

They got hi-fi in the outhouse now?