1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toy hauler towing experience with a 1500

Discussion in 'General' started by MVA25, Jun 15, 2019.

1. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

:Poke:
    Crickets...:Poke:

2. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

So I’m suppose to take the insults?

Yea right that ain’t happening.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

all rv water systems have a low gravity drain point. If you were in a climate that froze...real easy to evac the lines. You can fill the holding tanks with a filtered assembly same if you hook to a municipal source. My rig has an RO system. I trust the water in it more than my City water. If the source is questionable I wouldnt put it in my rig but those filter pitchers are inexpensive if youre distrustful.

ducnut likes this.
  4. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

Got back last night from a track day at NJMP. My wife and I stayed in the toy hauler Friday night. It was a great time. Having that hauler makes a world of difference. It was easy to set up, easy to use. It towed great, even with the fresh water tank filled. Granted it was one night and the drive to NJMP from house is fairly easy(76, the blue route always sucks though). But, it was a great first time using it. I forgot to get pictures of it loaded, sorry. I’ll do it once I have it dialed in. I am definitely going to order the Pitbull TRS before my next time at a track. Thanks again for all the help fellas!

RRP, Phl218, 5axis and 8 others like this.
  5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

My city water smells like chlorine and they claim it’s within limits. There’s a definite taste, out of the tap, though. Leaving a jug in the fridge, overnight, results in the smell of pool water, the next day. Its nasty.

In a jug, chemicals settle. As one continues drinking from the jug and the level drops, the concentration of chemicals increases. I’ve tried to get through a whole jug, but, just can’t.

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

And you guys wondered why Broome bought the whole Pallet! That shit about the bitch in line at 7-11 was BS I tell ya! That dude is smart!

7. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

On our first trip to Grattan with our toter, my brother and I agreed we should have gotten a RV thing 10yrs sooner.

MVA25 likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Your responses aren't usually to insults. Your choice overall, if you stand out to me again I'll nuke you. Doesn't really matter to me one way or the other.

9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Oh, Chevy, what a tangled web you weave...
    So I go look at the new GM truck offerings cuz, well, I hear-tell they've "fixed" the steering wheel issue.
    <ahem> No, they have not.

What they did was angle the shaft outboard so the center of the wheel would line up with the center of the seat...now causing the wheel to be on some other plane in space whereby the left side of the wheel is closer to the front of the vehicle than the right side of the wheel. Additionally, they canted the seat outboard to account for the difference in arm length...you can totally feel like you're sitting on angled ground while the vehicle is on flat ground.
    Way to go Chevy, you will continue to be a blight on American engineering...allowing bean counters to solve your problems.
    I wonder how may drivers will suffer back issues with one side of the seat jammed up their right side and the other side giving you the feeling of about to fall out?
    Fucking idtios.

And to be fair...Ford, wtf's up with those ugly ass dually fenders? It wasn't bad enough that the dash looks like a tailgate?

My '02 7.3 is looking better every day...and yeah, everything's for sale - at a price.
    $50K and it's yours. :D

Phl218 and ducnut like this.
  10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. fastfreddie

Why, cuz I think my 17 year old truck is a better option than a new one or that I have a Broome-level ability to critique issues with today's products?
    <dunno>
    :D

12. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

I’ve been shopping for a new AT4 gmc and I didn’t notice this steering wheel, seat angle problem but I was really looking for it. I’ll check again when I go back to the dealership. They sure have improved on a lot of other things with the new truck.

And wtf is up with salesman trying to get me to pay msrp? I’m looking at two vehicles and I get the full msrp slid across the table to me.

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

That’s the problem with Ford big time... too FN proud of their shit. I got about 5K off my sticker on my Silverado but that was in 09. I got over 10K off the sticker of my RAM 2 years ago...but bought on X Mas eve...

14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

They better bait that hook with all they got, given those trucks are not selling very well.

15. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

They’re giving pretty good discounts and 0% financing at gmc. Chevy I basically laughed and walked out after the tried to steal my trade in. Went to Hyundai to look at a little run around car for my wife and they’re out to damn lunch, full msrp.

I’m having a hell of a time finding the truck I want. If they aren’t selling then they didn’t make many. If I want it completely optioned out I can find a few but most are the wrong colour, short box, too many options, or none at all.

ducnut likes this.
  16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’m guessing the feedback on their styling and being assembled in Mexico has caused dealerships to be conservative. GM reported well over 100 days of supply sitting in their lots available to ship. My Chevy/GMC dealership has ~10 trucks total, meanwhile the Dodge dealer across the street must have 40 or more trucks. I see a lot of new Dodges on the road, yet, hardly any GM variants. I can’t comment on Ford, since I can’t tell which ones are 2019 models; they all look the same to me.

17. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

It speaks volumes that you are more worried about the angle of the steering wheel than anything else....

I’ve sat in about every brand DLM race car chassis there is and ain’t a damn one of them that runs straight forward from the driver. It is absolutely not a issue. Even less of a issue for a steering wheel holder in a truck...
    It is that way for a reason.

18. fastfreddie

I actually thought the seat was broken. Brand new 2500, all jacked up sideways in the cockpit. Doesn't look that way but, when you sit in it, you can tell something's not right. Then the wheel starts to look off somehow...
    I started it up, turned the wheel a bit back-n-forth a couple times, then it hit me...this frickin' wheel is not perpendicular to the longitudinal axis. I leaned forward to the right and got a sight line across the face of it. Yup, like it's bent towards the driver's a-pillar. Looked at it from the door side and it's like inline with the passenger b-pillar.
    Unfuckingbelievable...and the seat, it's gonna be painful on a long haul. You ain't ever gonna get comfortable without the drugs you'll be prescribed for a new and mysterious back pain.

Do tell. I wanna hear what your cage racing experience has to do with driving on public roads for hours on end.
    What is, the production truck or the race chassis that goes roundy-round in one direction?
    Would you consider offsetting the clip-ons on a sportbike for any reason?
    Flat-tracker? Absolutely, no question.
    These may not be issues to/for you, but they are absolutely issues. Otherwise, I wouldn't mention 'em.

ducnut likes this.
  19. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Neither, you are just crazy, no further explanation required.

20. fastfreddie

I can own that.
    :crackup:

rd49 likes this.