1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Finally got to watch the race. Vettel made his bed, he can lie in it. The thing that I don't like is that Hamilton drives the same way, but I don't remember him ever being penalize for this type of thing.

Yeah, and people can moan all they want about how the stewards dicked up the race, but they wouldn't have been involved if Vettel hadn't made the error.

VFR#52 likes this.
  2. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

3. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Poor Vettel....

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

This track is shit.

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That was one boring race.

CRA_Fizzer and Yzasserina like this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It used to be an awesome track (access was always shit, though). But then they turned it into a test track when the GP moved to Magny-Cours.

Trivia question: who owns it?

8. MCW

MCW Well-Known Member

Had to google the answer and again to find out how it was acquired, it was not who I expected when you asked this.
    I'm barely holding on as a fan, almost every race (and qualifying) is so boring, I am so close to removing it from scheduled recordings and just watching a highlight video on youtube, its just a better use of time.
    With them moving to pay to watch overseas and the poor quality of racing, is viewership suffering? Attendance still looks good based on the stands.

Photo likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have no idea about viewership numbers.

10. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Bernie Ecclestone?

11. eggfooyoung

No idea. The citizens?

12. eggfooyoung

Or the same folks who own COTA? Same stupid stripes and shitty paved run off.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

His ex-wife got it in the divorce.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

15. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

HAM has a three race win gap over Vettel, the only other guy that has a chance, because no way Bottas gets it unless HAM is removed from racing for a couple of rounds for whatever reason. And Vettel is showing no signs of winning anytime soon. Scharl The Clerk, on the other hand, most likely will be the next non-AMG to win an F1 race.

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

You're probably correct...Max might be a distant contender.

17. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Bernie is now touting a plan that he’d implement to improve F1. Sounds pretty much what MotoGP did with their CRT and creating a championship within a championship with spec car racing...he already spent enough time ruining the sport, he needs to go away

rd400racer likes this.
  18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Who we like?

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

136f on the grid. These dudes have cooling suits or what? That's some sweaty taint before lap one.

20. eggfooyoung

Fingers crosses for Chuck.

"Chuck, you are leading, we know, but Sebastian is faster than you from 7th. PIT, PIT. PIT..."

Yzasserina and Steeltoe like this.