1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question for my Yankee frens

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Y'all kiss it.

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

We say Coke. Even if it's a Pepsi, we still say coke. Pops are old dudes, and soda is something you bake with.

Shenanigans and motoboy like this.
  3. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Interesting that the OP will complain about the pronunciation of a word, yet will take the time to type "smat phone".

:clap:

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bullshit, NC is ours too. It's all ours except for the parts we don't want until we want them.

You dirt eating cousin f@ckers still have SC and GA because we just haven't gotten around to them yet and I don't think we'll ever really want GA. We had is once, burned it down, pissed in the ashes and then left. Now GA is full up.

all your base are belong to us!

beac83, I'm with Stupid and Scotty87 like this.
  5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Hey Richie...here in Floriduh the "deep south" is north of us so you're all yankees.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Florida is ours too. We sent down the old as the first wave then we sent down the drunk teenagers to remind Florida not to get uppity and last we sent down the dregs because Florida.

MachineR1 likes this.
  7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Central Fla is awesome. Kinda like upstate NY. Rednecks errywhere. Hell yeah.

8. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Atlanta burned itself down. We can’t take credit for that one. And the ladies of Savannah were smart enough to get Sherman and his army drunk so he wouldn’t burn it. The middle of the state we marched into a mud clod though.

9. This is totally wrong for Cackalacky.

„I‘mo carry the young‘uns on up to the Piggly Wiggly right quick, git a buggy, den buy me some Co‘cola, arnge drank, Mountun Dewwww, and some Nabs. We‘ll tote it home, then cook up a mess o‘ vittles fer dem young‘uns.“

Phl218, Mot Okstef, BHP41 and 2 others like this.
  10. joec

joec brace yourself

You should check out Maine if you like upstate.

beac83 likes this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You watch yourself there pally! :mad:

Sabre699 likes this.
  12. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I find it highly questionable that someone who uses the word "h'aint" is complaining about the pronunciation of the word "wash." :Poke:

joec likes this.
  13. joec

joec brace yourself

There was an ama superbike interview with Nicky back when. So we're all doing our Sunday group speedvision Moto race watching. Nicky comes on and it was like listening to a combination of guy Martin and Scott Russell. But he said "rc coke cola" like 3 times. And that was about all we could understand. So it was kind of our running joke for years after. Lol.

I'm with Stupid likes this.
  14. joec

joec brace yourself

You mean "guy"?

15. joec

joec brace yourself

I love the word haint. It's in my vocabulary now.

Phl218 likes this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Pick up "heynah" as well?

Mot Okstef and joec like this.
  17. My family is from eastern NC. When we moved to TN, I could understand Middle and Western Tennesseans. Appalachian Mumble, which is the language spoken in East Tennessee and Kentucky, took me a while to fully grasp.

joec likes this.
  18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

and they hate "to be". My car needs worshed. It's to be worshed dammit.

19. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Why? Is she done gitt’n her har did?

20. joec

joec brace yourself

No. But I'm thinking "full up" around b-more will work too. Just trying to fit in.