1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

David Gilmore Sells Guitar Collection

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Our guitarist is a Gilmour freak and was going to bid on the steel pedal guitar that started at $1000.

It went for over $300K!

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Love the Pink but they can take a hike on those prices.

4. rd400racer

Cool that he donated every penny.

cha0s#242, motion, Sabre699 and 2 others like this.
  5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

The Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay bought the three top sellers, including the Black Strat. He has a huge collection of old instruments, including Ringo Starr's first drum kit.

Shenanigans and rd400racer like this.
  6. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

With the estimates being what they were, then the final hammer prices, I bet he wishes he would have kept some of that $$$.

7. rd400racer

Says he's worth $175 million, so I don't think a few mil from guitar sales is exactly going to hurt him.

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I hope this doesn't mean he isn't playing anymore!

Cannoli likes this.
  9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I never would have thought pot head hippies would have that kind of scratch. Cool donation to charity.

motion likes this.
  10. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

there's someone in my head but it's not me

Razr likes this.
  11. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

"But it was the Black Strat Gilmour bought at Manny’s music store on West 48th Street in New York in 1970 that received the biggest gasp.

The instrument he used on The Dark Side Of The Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals and The Wall, carried an estimate of $100,000 - $150,000, but it broke a new world record for a guitar at auction, selling for an incredible $3,975,000."

Holy shit! My Musicman EVH Purple Quilt was originally bought at Manny's. I wouldn't sell it for anything less than $4,000 :)