1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toy hauler towing experience with a 1500

Discussion in 'General' started by MVA25, Jun 15, 2019.

1. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Whats the deal with not drinking the fresh water on board the RV? Why have fresh water if you can't use it?

2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

That's what I'm thinking. We did five days dry camping and that's all that I drank was house water. Then we had to transfer in another 60 gallons from barrels to keep from running out on day 4. This was up to 20 guys in the camp, and only one other RV. Water was fine not one person got sick.

3. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

You definitely can get some bad stuff in the water if you don't regularly sanitize the tank & water lines. We bought an old 5th wheel years ago that had water sitting in the tank for way too long. . You could literally feel slime on your hands just running the sink to wash up. I"m sure drinking it would have had consequences. Other than that and maybe a slightly funny taste from the plastic tank, I don't see any reason you can't drink it when it's properly sanitized

4. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

No, they don't.

JJJerry likes this.
  5. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Look, it's Literal Wheel Bearing.

6. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Time to tuck that "my 1/2 ton truck does the job just fine" back in. :crackup:

TurboBlew likes this.
  7. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I apologize we are friends.

8. roy826ex

9. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

The risk of bacterial issues is the big thing. You can’t get all the water out of the system, because there’s always water sitting, somewhere. Personally, I don’t trust the chemicals used in the disinfecting of the system and getting it completely cleaned out. Lastly, I don’t trust the construction of these things and what chemicals may leach out of the componentry. You definitely don’t want to ruin your planned activities over something easily avoided.

bored&stroked and roy826ex like this.
  10. roy826ex

Not creative but effective grasshopper.

11. roy826ex

Yep on a diesel it’s press a button and go.

Allison transmission does the rest. I really like it. Makes towing and traveling with weight behind me a real pleasure. Until that idiot pulls across my bow in the fiesta or pos F150 lol

TLR67 likes this.
  12. roy826ex

We dry (boondock) camp a lot and never run out of water. Check your way of living. It’s realty easy even on a limited water supply.

13. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Go home Roy, you're drunk.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

No dry camping here.

I always bring something do drink, containing a natural disinfectant

:D

15. roy826ex

I’m always at home stupid ass. I don’t drink and drive. But then again what’s it to you what the fuck I do or when I do it.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

BTDT - got 3mpg and the speed limit was still 55 :D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I drink the water from our RV all the time, no issues. Use ice from the ice maker, dogs drink it too (granted they also like toilets).

ducnut likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. This is exactly what happens with ours. They do make some really cool accurate sensors that I haven't been able to justify yet but every time the boss starts stressing over the lights for the tank (same 50 gallon black and she worries after two days....) I threaten to buy them.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can easily sanitize it. Clorox.

5axis likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Roy, stop the insults, getting old.

StaccatoFan likes this.