1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Student loan forgiveness

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Pittenger5, Apr 23, 2019.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Microaggressions are ubiquitous.

Thank you for fighting the good fight.

((This post is not meant in any way to condone violence in any form against anyone for any reason. ""Fight"" is merely a patriarchal expression from yesteryear. I apologize in advance to any fucking snowflakes I have offended.

sheepofblue and crashman like this.
  2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

He's good. Here in the Great State of Alabama our governing body for sport recognizes only the gender forced upon you at birth and so noted on your original birth certificate. Being that we are a state comprised mainly of insensitive troglodytes, you are currently only able to select from one of the two traditional choices.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

BS no way you made him run. He did it on his own. I turned down partial scholarships and walked on to ISU CC. Got some help with books and meal plan etc. It sucked. No way any sane kid would do this unless they wanted to. :)

4. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

:D

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

6. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Just found this thread, read the first 5 pages and last 5 pages. There are some crazy people here.
    No way loans should be forgiven, I have had many friends work really hard to pay their loans as quick as possible after graduation and others not do the same, this would "punish" the ones to payed them off and "reward" the ones who didnt.
    I also have seen people pay waaay more than they need for school. Many want to go out of state, or schools far from home, this easily doubles the cost of schooling.

I think that should be a clause that to get loans from the government there should be a restriction for the money to be only used for tuition. Living is something people have to figure out on their own (just like people that dont go to college).

crashman and sheepofblue like this.
  7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Another idiot that thinks there is no cost to indoctrination.

9. auminer

235000 in student debt and you can only manage to make 4000 a month? In NJ?

Sounds like this twatwaffle has ZERO credibility to be writing for ""Money"" magazine.

Making mommy and daddy pay off the minimum payment on their 29-year-old crotchfruit's student debt is just precious.

Garnish his wages and leave him what social security beneficiaries survive on.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Apparently a Masters of Whining doesn’t open many lucrative job doors for you...

brex likes this.
  11. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Politician?

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

My son worked while attending school, worked 2 jobs on summer breaks. He still graduated with a small debt. With his degrees, BSEE and MSEE I paid off his debt as a graduation gift. Where do I sign up to get my money back? When Oh when are these "adults" ever going to learn that decisions have consequences? 18 is too young to be financially smart. It's also too young to drink responsibly or vote either.

13. auminer

The more I think about this little SOB the more pissed offer I get.

It's delicious irony that his parents are Soviet immigrants... and Mr Failure To Launch wants college to be free... like it was in Soviet Russia. o_O

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Notice that the last thing on his mind is working longer
    or harder or putting off attaining the things he wants,
    even with his poor parents paying the price for their
    bad judgment in cosigning for him.
    He is as egocentric as a two-year-old.

15. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

I'm just curious how in the hell you rack up 120k at a STATE school? Jeezus, my daughter can go out of state private for way less than that (just graduated HS with her diploma and her Associates through dual enrollment. She's put in the work for sure) , and we don't qualify for shit for financial aid!!!

16. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Just did a Google search on the article author. His own website claims he has a "M.A. in Social Journalism at the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism". Social Journalism? What the everlovinfuck is that? I can't even describe what he says he's doing for employment now. You'll have to see for yourself.
    http://www.simongalperin.com/

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hell, fucker makes more than I do and if I had that debt I could pay it off with that income.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So he spent the 190k on world travel and other leisure activities. Great.

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Well getting a 2 year degree in 6 years is expensive.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

“I’ve been going to this high school for six years. I’m no dummy!”

[​IMG]