1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

House decor for Beebsters

Discussion in 'General' started by Sabre699, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

ain't going to lie, that's a little too much for me. way too much clutter.

but better than throw pillows and random things and unused tables, etc.

backcountryme and G 97 like this.
  3. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I saw a link on the history of Hodakas. I read every word.
    When I was 13 y/o, my friend and his dad had Hodakas that I rode all the time. They had put a knobby on the back, still had it's trials/enduro tire up front. Fun times

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Neat but too many bikes that just don't move me but who cares, it's his collection and it's pretty kick ass.

BigBird and ducnut like this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

At what point does a living room become a non functioning garage?

BigBird likes this.
  6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’m the same way. When I see huge collections, I feel like the owner is more about acquiring, as opposed to truly appreciating. I’m just not into having stuff for the sake of having stuff.

I only have ~5 bikes that I’d truly love to have: RC30, ‘82 Katana, NR750, ‘78 GS750C, CBX Pro Link.

Razr likes this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

those are old. Should just be recycled at this point

8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I read the Hodaka article too. I bought a 125 Wombat out of a guys chicken coop for $100. It had chicken shit all over it. I'll be damned but if the toaster tank didn't clean right up! I never could get the transmission sorted out. Sold it in pieces at a garage sale for $400.
    Sold my '82 pro-link CBX too. What a complex work of art. Honda sure has lost its way since old man Honda died.

ducnut likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

For the streets as a sportbike mfg, yes, there touring and other bikes are still good. And, have you seen MotoGP in the last 10 years?

cha0s#242 likes this.
  10. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

A
    According to some on here they never existed since they are older then 1990

11. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Dang it, man!

I love watching the old stuff racing the Australian Classics. Those guys leave nothing on the table.

Motofun352 likes this.
  12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of the old FJ's. Great bikes! I love watching Josh push the old girl. Bought an '85 new when the dealer was having a dollar a cc sale! My impression when I took it out for a test ride was riding a milk stool at 120. Funny thing is it's now my touring bike. My how times have changed.

ducnut and beac83 like this.