1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road America - MotoAmerica Round 4

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 21, 2019.

1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

That was the most humble,self deprecating post ever from Danny and you gotta show up and be a cunt. Not surprised.

2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Hmmm so it's a vast conspiracy involving rev limits, multiple engines, Team owner, builder, and rider? Do you know how much a big bore race engine from MotoCorse costs? (Not to mention said cheater engine would have to breathe through a single throttle body with horrible plumbing and virtually no extra flow)

Or MAYBE........ Barney just got better drives at Road Atlanta? :Poke:

dmj_88 and MELK-MAN like this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Dude really? They are out there gridding up. Racing isn’t easy and racing on a budget is even less so.
    Show some decency already, no need to pile on. Danny is a good dude.

Dave250, grasshopper, scottn and 3 others like this.
  4. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Yeah.... Cause we have had SO many fuck ups. Shit happens, people make mistakes me included. This happens in racing, things go wrong, bad luck comes and goes. No one is perfect, even your so called “professional tuner”.

Either way, thanks for the advice. I’ll take it into consideration....

Might I suggest you make a appointment with your Gynecologist and make sure your medication doesn’t need to be updated.
    Or maybe you just need a snickers.

Dave250, DaveB, G 97 and 2 others like this.
  5. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

You really make it hard for fans to want to support your kid.

6. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

On a different note, I don’t remember signing a photo release. Plus, we didn’t win anything!

Attached Files:

7. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Your bromance with Barney is strong. Anne gonna kick your ass.....twice.

Gino230 likes this.
  8. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Thank you! Thanks for noticing. I figured it wasn't only me thinking that but people are afraid to say anything. :rolleyes: Whine, whine, whine, bitch, bitch, bitch. Just a bunch of excuses.

9. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

No excuses at all. Just a statement of how the season has gone. I’m a very analytical person, never satisfied until the why of things is answered. Thought some here may be interested in the backstory.
    You’re not a fan, I get it. No big deal. Life goes on.

Dave250, 418, Kev59 and 8 others like this.
  10. Gino230

Ha HA! The funny thing is, I hardly know him, but I do have the inside scoop on the bike since we share mechanics.

regularguy likes this.
  11. Gino230

I think it's hard for even an experienced club racer to understand how much has to go absolutely perfect for someone to win in MotoAmerica, let alone do it consistently. Sure there are people making fun of the twins class, and maybe in the back half of the field you can see their point, but the top riders in the class are absolutely pro race talent and winning at the pro level is hard. Everything has to go right, even with the best preparation you can get caught out. It's like saying that the Dolphins suck. Yes, they suck, but they are still one of the best group of players the world has to offer.

I would never have believed how much work is involved, dedication, how it can completely exhaust you, just trying to make it to 3 rounds in a row and qualify. And I (thankfully) have a good job and can afford good equipment and good help.

(At the risk of looking like a Barney fanboy) look at the effort they are making- the bike goes back to FL and is being gone through by a high dollar shop after every weekend. They roll out on new tires every session. They are at the track surrounded by several mechanics and some of the best minds in racing (Quarterly). Preparation is off the charts and they have a very fast, experienced rider, and even he has not been able to dominate as everyone said he would. Same goes for the M4 effort, and they have failed to dominate. That should tell you the level that is needed to win.

My hat is off to anyone who can run at the front, no matter what the class. Doing it on a shoestring is even more impressive.

12. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

For those without a big budget, it takes dedication and lots of sacrifice, that is for sure. More than what most are willing to do. That is why there are few that do or last doing it.

A strong (willing to work for free) family network and/or great friends is absolutely necessary too. Also, there are always those great people that recognize the efforts and kick in support when/how they can...if it weren't for those type of folks, we wouldn't be able to be where we are today.

t11ravis, SundaySocial, TLR67 and 5 others like this.
  13. Gino230

So, my big question for you, do you pronounce your name BEECH-HAM or BOW-SHAMP? Since we're busting on announcers.....

scottn likes this.
  14. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

We pronounce it "BEE-chum".

Our family line came here from England several generations ago, so ours is pronounced this way...

the other pronunciation, "bo-sham" are those that migrated here directly from France.

15. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I just say Kurt B or Draik B and then I don’t feel so dumb.:D

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

French, all y'all. England was just on the way to the South. :D

5axis and G 97 like this.
  17. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I have a coworker who has English parents and spent a lot of time there growing up, I just sent him the name as spelled and said how do you pronounce this and his response was Bo-sham. I feel like this whole thing is a setup. :crackup:

5axis and Dave Hanson like this.
  18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I call em Punk and Dad! Go 77!

Steady T and r6boater like this.
  19. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

The haters and critics can fuck off. If you guys are still having fun, have the support and drive keep going. With only 18 points though it would be a toss up decision especially spending the coin to get all the way out to the left coast. What ever you guys plan to do I'm still a fan and rooting for you. I wish I had the time, money and resources to be on the grid with you guys. It's just not the right time in my life for it to happen. With my luck when the time is right Garth's @G 97 dream will come true and they will kill the class.

20. oilslinger

oilslinger Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words and support [emoji1360]. Realistically at the end of the day, we haven’t made a single excuse or whined about anything all year. We are working our asses off and sacrificing more than we should to chase a championship we’re not even in anymore, for the joy of going racing. Explaining why or how something happened is not making excuses. It’s being honest. It’s also part of racing. I get tired of so called fans jumping down other racers throats for making excuses when they are asked what happened and they actually explain what happened. I can say that at Utah, I felt (as did many others) like I had the pace to reel in that small gap Dumas got on the first lap and try to battle for a win. I’ll be the first to admit that I went down because of a mistake I made. I went in slower than I had any other lap in qualifying and can’t even tell you why I crashed but at the end of the day I went down on my own so that’s on me. Beyond that, I got bit by the bad luck bug bad this year. Bad enough that I’ve considered hanging it up for the season and trying again next year but for some reason I keep finding the motivation to go back and try again. I still believe in myself and for whatever reason it seems a bunch of other people believe in me too. Maybe you two fellas will keep watching this year and I can’t convert y’all into fans as well.

Scott S., Dave250, shill00 and 6 others like this.