1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supermoto marchesini wheels hair line cracks.

Discussion in 'General' started by samizx7, Jun 19, 2019.

1. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

My crf450 marchesini rear wheel has tiny hair line cracks on all 10 spokes. I searched online and many customers have that problem. I called marchesini and they would not do anything about it. My question how safe is it to ride on this wheel, I got a track day this weekend. While I see many have developed this problem I have not seen or read about a failure.

Attached Files:

2. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

I'd replace it with a Durrani. :D

Wingnut, ducnut and TLR67 like this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not just no, not just hell no but F@CK NO!

Find some new wheels and put those in the back of garage until M decides to do something about 'em.

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I would ride with them. What’s max speed on a supermoto at a small track… 55 mph?

5. samizx7

While it is on mini track. I am worried. I guess this rim is trash. I bought the whole bike because it had the wheels.

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

At the kart track at carolina Motorsports park, we get up to 85 at the end of the start finish straight.
    Not to mention, that true supermoto has jumps also... I wouldn't trust the wheels.

stk0308 likes this.
  7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I rode one of my 1000’s with a rim that was cracked and repaired by Will (RIP) it broke the whole spoke at a Road Atlanta weekend.. I was lucky I noticed it when putting the warmers on... not only no but Hell no... go back to spokes on that thing..

8. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

But did you get the $50 reward with Hyundai?

Wingnut and BigBird like this.
  9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Ah hell no and why would anyone think it's ok for even 10 seconds?

10. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

fuh-huuuuuuuuck no

11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Whats the Worst thing that could happen??? Ok, now Double that...and add in your competitors finding out about this post, after you took them with a broken wheel, ..Yep, that's about the size of the asswhoopin you'd likely get...LOL

5axis and ducnut like this.
  12. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

More than likely they get put out of service the second they see the cracks.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

"Should I ride on my cracked wheels? How about on a racetrack?"

Bruh.

14. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

I would not ride on a wheel with cracked structure.

Are they aluminum or magnesium ???

15. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Those look like the old style Marchi sumo rims. They came out with a new style back in lik 2009 I believe, with more support on the spokes. I wouldn't run the ones you have anymore until they are fixed. Those rims have to be pretty old. They should have a date code etched in them on the inside of the bead.

16. Just put some duct tape over it.

17. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

You mean JB Weld, right? :crackup:

18. samizx7

You are correct. I took them to a welder and he said the wheel can not be fixed. I think I am going to make a coffee table out of it.

Steeltoe and Britt like this.
  19. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Still sounds risky.

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Will you find a naked man to hold it on his back to make your coffee table? Or perhaps a Croatian PAWG?