1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toy hauler towing experience with a 1500

Discussion in 'General' started by MVA25, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ours has a pair of 100 gallon tanks. I prefer them full, helps it ride better :D

Filling the gray quickly does suck so we still do everything as if we have limited fresh.

2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

same here. 106 fresh, 65 grey, and 45 black. have never even come close to filling the black but have filled the grey twice now. once, 4 day trip camping at the beach. the other time was in the desert so i just dug a trench away from the trailer and drained off a few gallons. washing 4 people (we do the navy shower- spray yourself down, shut water off, soap up, spray down) for 4 nights plus dishes... yeah its possible to fill the grey.

Greenhound386 likes this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

we went over to washing dishes in a bowl and pouring that in the toilet to help with distribution.

Greenhound386 and fastfreddie like this.
  4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I better start shitting in Broomes Sink!

ChemGuy and Phl218 like this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't shit in the sink, that fill the gray quicker...

JJJerry and Phl218 like this.
  6. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

We don't use it to that capacity often. Usually only for boondocking when it's all 4 of us (me, wife, and 2 kids). Most typical camp sites at least have a hose hookup.

However, it really does open up a lot of destination options for remote camp sites for more than a few days without risking running out of water or having to carry around a portable grey/black reserve tank.

ducnut likes this.
  7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Dirty sink water might as well just collect in a tub in the sink or...

Get creative and put a valve at the bottom of the trap, dumping into a jug. Take the jug to the rest room or dump in the weeds, etc.

Grey water is not a big deal (not illegal) to trickle drain thru a hose stuck into the ground. Cut ya an angle or two on some pipe/tube, "drill" into the ground about three feet, insert tail end of 10-15' grey water garden hose from tank discharge chute.

Do not forget to have some way of distinguishing your grey water hoses, jugs, etc. as such. You don't want to accidentally use them for fresh water. :Puke:

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All of that is great - but not at a racetrack...

9. fastfreddie

A jug is viable for track use when dumped into a restroom toilet, no?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sure, that's good anywhere, I was stuck at the letting it trickle out :D

Although I have done so with a hose straight to a sewer grate....

11. fastfreddie

Trickles into a three foot deep hole, not supposed to let it flow out of the hole, but I can see that approach isn't exactly track friendly with high foot traffic.
    I wouldn't do it at the track, either. Just a way to keep from topping off grey tanks when boondocking/dry camping.

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

This thread has made me appreciate the track facilities more and more...

Laz and ducnut like this.
  13. Phl218

Phl218 .

like Barber, where the slick shower tiles are riskier than an outside pass up T4?

TLR67 likes this.
  14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

You have to wear rain flip flops in the shower. Duh. You will crash every time on those slicks.

ducnut and Phl218 like this.
  15. Phl218

Phl218 .

got a shower in my hauler, not crashing in there any more. :D

16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Requesting name change to Cousin Eddie due to this statement.

:D

Phl218 likes this.
  17. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

So I guess my next question is, what is a great generator that will run the toy hauler with all the warmers and stuff plugged in?

18. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

I picked up a Northern Tool 3500 inverter when I got my RV 2 months ago. Same as the Harbor Freight predator 3500 but Nothern's standard warranty is better. I have 55 hours on it and it is fantastic! $700 and quiet as any Honda/Yamaha.

Unless you have multiple warmer sets going and an A/C it should take care of everything for you. If I ever need more power I'll get a second one and connect them, still be 2/3 the price of a Honda 3000.

MVA25 and ducnut like this.
  19. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

I run my travel trailer (with AC) and tire warmers no problem with two of these in tandem. They are super quiet and you can control and monitor them with your cellphone via bluetooth.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-B...OMIxIDloHsuhYEDM99RoCsqcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

MVA25, ducnut and Phl218 like this.
  20. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Trust me my butt is not hurting like a few here.