1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know shit about the internet box

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Ok, WTF.

The cable company JUST said the modem is fucked up. They tried to ping it and reboot it, but it was showing offline on their end...even though it was lit up and online on my end. So they said it needed to be swapped.

I opened up the laptop to do the hotspot thing with the phone. But by the time I got the laptop opened and unlocked, I forgot what I was opening it for, so I just started playing on the internet. I just now realized ive been playing on the internet for 15min, with no problems.

So I woke up Stevie and Netflix is working now also. :confused:

None of my lights or anything changed, and i didn't touch anything, but suddenly the internet is working again.

Catastrophe averted. :D

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

That's Mother Teresa shit right there.
    Intervention and shit.

Gorilla George and R Acree like this.
  3. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Squirrel!

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's some metalhead shit right there.

Wheel Bearing and R Acree like this.
  5. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Only 3 pages and it's Tuesday. Don't you know you have to start these with "I don't understand...."

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

7. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Ok...so, crisis was diverted, but, the risk is still there unless you do something about it.

This could, no, scratch that...this would be the first time that a car was purchased for the purpose of being a backup in the event it rains and the internet goes out.

You’re gonna need a little hot rod that goes good in the rain. I’m thinking an Audi RS3.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

Rebel635, ChemGuy and Gorilla George like this.
  9. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I know it should have been averted. Shithouse polio impacted my proofreading ability. Not the first and won’t be the last.

10. I like the way you think. :D

11. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Scary part....this man does high functioning jobs in the OIL DRILLING industry!! Can’t figure out what the two boxes for internet do...

12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

yabbutt all that stuff is steam powered, no computer controls.

13. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Wonder if he had to jump off deep water horizon with marky mark after the microwave stopped working?

Rebel635 and Mot Okstef like this.
  14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

We have Kennys on the rig that fix the blinky light shit. :D

15. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

My thoughts exactly

16. If it doesn’t involve formation influxes, hydraulics, wheels, or make me laugh, I neither want to, nor am paid to give shit about it. :D

Mot Okstef and Sabre699 like this.