1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know shit about the internet box

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid: although it's not Verizon, it's an wifi router.

The 5g on cell phones is a gimmick

2. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

No, it has nothing to do with Verizon. At all.

Let me guess, you're using an end point device that can't benefit from the extra capability of 5G.

Color me surprised, given your wifi 101 knowledge. :crackup:

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Get Livengood to set it up for you.

4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

5G != 5Ghz

5G is for phones. you can't buy a 5G phone yet. 5GE is a bullshit name change for an improved 4G.

5Ghz is for router wireless frequency

5. Ok, WTF. The power glitched today for like 30sec. Then it came back on and everything powered up.

The lights are on both internet boxes, and flashing like they always do.

But I have no internet. The phone and TVs connect to it fine; I get the confirmation that I’m on WiFi, but I don’t get shit. It’s like the WiFi is on, but no data is being sent/received.

But all the lights are on both boxes like normal, and I connect to them fine.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Check with your service provider. Your internet may be down. Your devices connect to the internet through your router and modem. They can still connect to the router even when there is no service.

Unplug the modem and router, wait a minute or two. Plug in the modem wait a minute then plug in the router. If you still have no internet, it's broke.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Finally some tech talk I understand. :D

8. Tried unplugging and back on, didn’t work. Then I called and they did the pinging thing. Even though the modem is showing online on my end, it actually isn’t. The modem is fucked up.

The problem is they can’t get anyone here till in the morning. With no internet, it means I don’t have TV (I don’t have regular cable).

Now I have a HUGE dilemma.

1. I have to try to use my phone as a hotspot and only watch stuff on the laptop till tomorrow.

OR

2. I take the modem to their store and swap it. But that is a big problem because Jagger is spotless, and its raining. I don’t wanna mess it all up.

First world problems. :crackup:

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

3. Buy your own modem, stop renting.

10. Sabre699

Fuck it...go see the donkey.

auminer and Gorilla George like this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You should have kept the Porsche for rainy days.

(In any other place, I bet 95% of people hearing/reading that would think it is a joke, completely out of the realm of what anyone might consider a possible event.)

Phl218 and Gorilla George like this.
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:crackup:Sad but true.

13. NOW you tell me. Shit. Why didn’t I think of that.

I didn’t keep it because I couldn’t see any sense in having two of damn near the same thing. And I would never drive it because I like Jagger so much better. But I didn’t even think about the damn rain.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Is there a dealership in the area that can deliver a Civic or a Hyundai before the rain stops?

15. I could tell the Jag dealership to bring me a loaner because I want the oil changed. Then i use the loaner to go get the modem and mess their shit up. Because with every service they detail the car, and it will be stopped raining by the time they are done. :D

But that might be a problem because it only has about 1000 miles on it or some shit. :crackup:

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I wasn't talking about borrowing the Civic. :D

17. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Dont you have a Grom with affamkt errathing?

18. Sabre699

Dude.....:crackup:

19. Ahh, shit. Haha.

That would be the car equivalent of me riding The Grom. :D

But now that you mention it. I think I might get a truck for when it rains and snows and shit.

Of course, if I do that, I will need another jacked up 3/4 ton diesel with affamarket everything. You know, because sometimes we get several inches of snow. :D

20. Yeah, but it doesn't have TC and it is WAY too powerful to ride in the rain without full Rains mounted. :D

Sabre699 likes this.