1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you think trying to enforce the laws on immigration is wrong?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by K51000, Jan 10, 2019.

1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Bullshit because most of America was illegal to begin with and the slaves were sure as shit here illegally. Now the native Americans on the other hand had every right not to count the white man when they did their census.

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

MmmmmmK not sure what basis you have for any of your statements other than possibly racism in the last one. As @$#@$@# up as it is slavery was legal so that statement is wrong. Great thing is that we no longer allow it unlike some places in the world, further as a group the descendants of those enslaved are better off than those not sold (other tribes that stayed) in most cases. I could go on but your statement is just totally wrong.

In case I was unclear your statement is 100% incorrect. Well maybe grammatically but I will leave that to site grammar nazis to determine

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Cite the codified law the settlers violated. I'll wait.

brex and sheepofblue like this.
  4. sheepofblue

They were white, well most of them.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

[email protected] nothing else is serves as a perfect example of what happens when you don't defend your borders.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Your post gave me a brain tumor.

Obviously, you’re immune to them...lacking the necessary organ to be afflicted with tumors

7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

So it was lawful to kidnap thousands and bring them here even though our European counterparts had already outlawed it? OK.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Outlawing slavery was not the equivalent to outlawing slave trade. If I recall my reading correctly, most of the enslaved Africans were kidnapped by their fellow Africans looking to make a buck, or as a result of warfare. I don't think the slave trade stopped to other "new world" countries until well after the Emancipation Proclamation. As reprehensible as the practice was, it was not illegal...and is still practiced in some parts of the world.

9. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Unless the interwebs are wrong, the US passed a bill making it illegal to accept slaves in US ports 3 weeks before Britain did.

I learneded sumfin today.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I believe the frogs were out in 1848.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They were not the first or the last IIRC. There was no EU, so every country was acting pretty much in their own self interest.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I highly doubt that every current EU country was involved in the trade. I'm not sure where you're going with that. :confused:
    I wasn't arguing with you, just giving you one data point that could possibly be of interest to you.

13. sheepofblue

In this country yes it was. Was it moral or correct? No and as a country we fixed that, sadly it took a ton of lives.

But your statement is still wrong.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I didn't mean to imply that all were involved. All I was saying is that there was not a single drop dead date when all countries ceased the trade as there might be today (for reference). Thanks for the info on France.

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

A lot of Europeans were involved in the slave trade as slaves.

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Lotsa African Americans were also owners, but Liberals don't care if black folk owned them and/or sold them......just kill the whities.

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Of course, less than 1% of the African slave trade were shipped to North America. But hey, facts don't matter.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So you’re saying the descendants of slaves are the true 1%’ers? Hmmm...

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Still waiting.

20. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

Do you beat a bongo drum at young teenagers while looking like a creep?