1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you think trying to enforce the laws on immigration is wrong?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by K51000, Jan 10, 2019.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Disagree that it’s 99.99% hard right wing peeps here. I think the bent is more libertarian than anything. Agreed this is a circle jerk thread. I’ve always enjoyed a good circle jerk on occasion though, so....

MURICA. Trump 2020!

2. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

The watchword is deterrence. You can’t 100% stop a determined thief breaking into your house. You can however encourage him to go shop next door where it’s easier.

3. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Trump just announced he was cutting aid to Central American unless they help stop the flow.

"State Dept Spokesperson Morgan Ortagus announced the Trump Administration is ending foreign aid for Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador until they reduce illegal aliens crossing the US border. Hundreds of millions will be repurposed by Congress."

kangasj and XFBO like this.
  4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Yet we ignore the #1 deterrent...jail for anyone who pays an illegal alien a single penny to do any job.

We like our lawns mowed and our water glasses filled.

SuddenBraking and auminer like this.
  5. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

LONG OVERDUE

XFBO likes this.
  6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

The term lead by example comes to mind here. No one at the top wants that to end.

7. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Some truth to it but it goes deeper that just the top. Wages will have to be increased to replace this work force and therefore prices for the goods will also increase. This will hit every consumer's pocket book. I am fine with the increase if we have secure borders.

8. Fonda Dix

Yeah subsidizing these employers on the backs and futures of regular Americans needs to stop.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Which SHOULD be offset by better services or lower taxes based on what we’d save in supporting millions of illegals.

10. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

I want a wall to keep undocumented Democrat voters out.

11. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I will put it this way. While you have concerns and enumerated them (some good ones) the one thing I can guarantee is doing nothing will be a horrible solution. Yes the wall might not work or will to some level TBD the current solution is not working and you did not present an alternative.

As to cost if we reduced illegal immigration by only 50% the effects would be wide spread. First there would be a reduction in health care costs for the low wage, low health people that make up most illegals. Second schools would be lower cost or improved quality when we do not pay to educate other countries rejects. In many cases in ways that are disruptive to our citizens. Add in the lessening of remittances sent out of the country. Or we could keep doing what we are with an increasing invasion and loss of our countries soul by destroying the melting pot.

12. Fonda Dix

The wall is folly as long as it remains economically attractive to immigrants, smugglers, business and politicians. Cut off the money spigot and it ends overnight.

As discussed earlier, it wont ever happen.

13. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

It's like ignoring 10 heroin dealers in favor of chasing 10,000 addicts, then blaming them entirely for societal impact of drugs. It makes zero sense and is a bi-partisan misdirection.

Unrelated - this thread title gives me Forrest Whitaker eye and I have no idea how it hasn't been mentioned yet.

R1Racer99 and Fonda Dix like this.
  14. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I said it years ago, if we imposed severe fines for ANYONE using illegal labor, we'd curb a large amount of illegal immigration. I don't fault them for "trying" to come here for a better life. I fault those trying to take advantage of them, and now that includes politicians using them in pawns in their quest for power.

15. sheepofblue

All y'all kill me. This is like the people who argue against missile defense because there is suit case bombs. So the answer is to do nothing.
    List:
    Make employers more responsible (both enforcement and provide a way to check)
    Build a wall (contrary to comments this has been tried all over the world and works)
    Get rid of anchor baby citizenship or at a minimum give the parent the choice of taking the new citizen with them or putting them up for adoption
    Confiscate property owned by illegals as it was obtained through illegal work
    No school for illegals
    No sanctuary laws treat these like Jim Crow nonsense was treated
    No counting them on the census (trying to allocate DC representative vermin for having more illegals should be stopped)

The list goes on of ideas but currently the DC filth are doing nothing while arguing on which is OK. CLUE: ALL OF THEM ARE but doing nothing is unacceptable.

blkduc and badmoon692008 like this.
  16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

President has pretty much done that, NO? By cutting off foreign aid to Mexico and Central America, let's see if that finally slows down the droves of illegals.

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Changing the census count could require a Constitutional amendment (isn't going to happen). Or maybe Illegal immigrants could get counted at 3/5 of a person without a constitutional amendment. It is hard to say how the Supreme court would rule on it. Changing the count won't necessarily change things they way you think they would. For example, Texas gains house seats and electoral college votes when you count illegal immigrants.

18. sheepofblue

That money never made it to the people. It was
    The count is for citizens not all the other crap they count. The other nonsense does not require an amendment merely the enumeration. What states like California depend on is the millions of illegals get counted then get included to some degree with the enumeration of the people.

The 3/5 thing is WILDLY misunderstood. Many took it to be that slaves were lesser people. However it was the southern states wanting to count the very slaves they were horrible to so that their relative power was increased. In contrast the northern states did not want them counted at all unless they were citizens. The compromise was the 3/5 which among other things set up the civil war be needed. Had the 3/5 not been in there likely the power shift to the south would have changed world history (for the worse). Illegals were never considered part of we the people.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Can't get that through congress. Seems like Tangelo can do the aid stuff on his own.

20. Fonda Dix

Tangelo. :crackup: