1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SRAD front wheel options

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 90kacoupe, Jun 17, 2019.

1. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

I just picked up a SV parts bike that has a SRAD front end on it that I will be using for my Endurace bike build. It currently has a PM Chicane front wheel on it. Is this wheel worth using? I need to pick up some spare wheels as well. I am curious what is my lightest front wheel/ rotor option for this front end that requires minimal work to fit. I am not looking to spend a bunch on aftermarket wheels for it.

2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

2000-2005 GSXR600/750 fronts will work with spacers. 2004 and older GSXR1000 fronts as well. Just note that you have to space the wheel in the center and don't rely on the axle configuration/steps to align the wheel to the calipers. Rotor pattern is the same, but some of the K model 600s have 300mm rotors instead of 320. I believe that all bearings are the correct diameter for any axle.

90kacoupe likes this.
  3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

1st gen BUSA
    TLR 1000
    TLS 1000

All these fronts interchange direct with the SRAD.

EDIT - If your interested in selling the Chicane let me know. I have a set of the Althea front 320mm front rotors I’ll throw in the mix if you do that will fit the SRAD/BUSA/TL rims.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    TLR67 likes this.
  4. 90kacoupe

Cool, That sounds simple enough. I'll look into those. I know the SRAD/TLR/Busa wheels are heavy. Hopefully these GSXR wheels are not as bad.

I may be letting it go. Shoot me a message and we can talk about it. I'm not attached to it by any means. It is probably better suited an on an older GSXR than it is a SV Endurance bike.

5. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

I have a spare SRAD front end I'll let go for a song. Forks, triples, brakes, cluster, stay, fender, wheel... etc. If you need another one :D

90kacoupe likes this.
  6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Pm’d

7. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

If you need suspension work on that front end hit Thermosman up.
    He fixed my srad front end when no one else could. I also have ohlins valves before he did his magic and now work like they are supposed to.
    Also the later wheels do fit and i have the measurements of the spacers.
    Also TL front forks are longer and have better internals and are a direct replacement for srad forks

Steven

8. 90kacoupe

I'm going to see what is in these before I do anything. They are coming off of what was a really nice SV superbike at one time. I normally deal with traxxion for my suspension needs. But I'll consider letting T-man play with them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

VFR#52 likes this.
  9. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well here is what i found out when looking for someone to solve my issue.
    I did the valve kits and setup on forks.
    I bought ohlins valves kit.
    And anyone i talked to just wanted to put their valve kit in it instead of actually knowing why it was doing what it was doing.
    I own and build transmissions for over 35 yrs so i understand hydraulics.
    But what came real clear is that stuff this old i couldn't find anyone who knew how to work on it if they didn't just put in ak20s at a price i was not going to spend.
    Mike and me talked on phone and he ask a question i didn't know the answer but had an extra set of forks apart so he said take a photo of a part and send it to him.
    Less than 5 minutes he called back and told me what was wrong and how to fix it myself.
    So i boxed forks and shipped them to him for him to fix them.
    Came back perfect and fixed.
    And he even explained why i had problems.
    Experience is worth every penny.
    Best of luck.

Steven

Pro Speed Racin likes this.
  10. Pro Speed Racin

Pro Speed Racin Well-Known Member

What kind of money? Where Located?