1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road America - MotoAmerica Round 4

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 21, 2019.

1. drop

drop Well-Known Member

People change motors...

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

What does that mean? If they seal your motor right after the race and then you change it, the sealed motor would still have to be torn down or you would be DQd from the race.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think he's trying to say it was a cheater motor at prior rounds and now it isn't since they expected a teardown or the like. Same old silly shit.

rcarson15 likes this.
  4. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I see. I should have read the other posts, but this thread is annoying.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Welcome to my world, but I have to read the posts :D

6. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Ehh...
    I believe it truly has been a stock bore all a long. being its 120cc larger than the legal sv , that's a lot of extra grunt and power.

But an extra 23 cc out running 120 cc , what are we doing here?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    rcarson15 and Gino230 like this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Kill the class. Problem solved.

MELK-MAN and Mot Okstef like this.
  8. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Bingo.

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  9. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Never said he was cheating. Just said that, it can happen as I stated.

svracer22 likes this.
  10. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Just following up, our tear down was completed after the race in Utah, we passed.

Steady T, Mot Okstef and drop like this.
  11. If you aren’t cheating there’s nothing to worry about, I’m actually glad they seal them as a lot of other series you are up half the night (or your engine builder is) or need to make sure you have a spare that’s the same spec engine that was in the bike that’s ready to be put in.

12. Just looking at Atl vs other rounds either rest of the bikes got faster or his slowed down. In Atl that thing appeared to have a lot more grunt than it has shown in later rounds. That’s an observation that’s subjective and not data driven. Trap speeds are very deceiving and if someone knows how to cheat they will know how to not standout in trap speeds. By no means am I saying Barnes and team were cheating, knowing what Boy builds it’s going to be top notch kit and fast, that doesn’t make it illegal. My assumption was they just tamed it down a bit in order to avoid a rule change that probably would have put them back a bit too far so they were just proactive and did it themselves.

13. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Decreased revs equal increased engine lifespan

14. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

As you said, trap speeds are very subjective, since the speed trap is placed differently at every track. The GPS top speed of my bike has always been 10mph faster than the MA speed trap, probably because of where the trap is placed. So it could show someone who has a better drive or better acceleration might have a better speed trap number but the top speeds would be the same.

You guys are all racers, and yet everyone keeps talking about when Barnes made a pass at Road Atlanta halfway down the straight. Well duh, he weighs nothing and he got a monster drive. Torque curve on an 800 cc 2 valve is probably pretty different than a built SV or Yamaha.

I am in no way defending Moto Corse, but I will defend Bob Robbins, he would never enter a bike that is a cheater bike.

Even after the teardown we're still debating. But then again, this is the BBS!

15. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Racing is funny. Everyone loves complaining about rules. How about Dumas being almost a second faster than the other SV’s? Riders matter sooo much...

Car racing is no different.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  16. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Dumas, Silva and the whole team are really on top of it and doing a great job. Things will just get better for him. I’m betting on him to win the championship now.
    However, Kris was over a second faster on a fifteen year old bike that was down on power at the time. So yes, Riders do matter...

Unfortunately, a small miscue cut the party short at Utah...Resources May have had a significant impact on qualifying results at Utah. Don’t let that mislead you into believing he had that much in the bag.

17. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Fair point, just pointing out how this forum will point out like one instance and their entire argument hinges on that. It’s all a bit absurd.

This made me laugh though...
    05F845AE-6D32-4426-B784-6140E7B11F5D.png

Good for Mathew.

MELK-MAN and badmoon692008 like this.
  18. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Didn’t see that, will have to go find it.

19. To be clear I didn’t say he was cheating

20. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i'd have to go back and review posts, but some (not saying you ..edit: drop said "people change motors,top of page) were insinuating that at Road Atlanta the 111 was very fast. Suddenly, at Road America, VIR and Utah, it's not as fast, and that perhaps the motor was detuned or changed following Road Atlanta so the rules wouldn't be changed for it.. cause it was "so fast". ;) In fairness, the commentators of the MA twins cup race go on and on about how fast the bike was at Rd atlanta.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019