1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixing a UTV roll over?

Discussion in 'General' started by Pittenger5, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Been looking for a UTV for rolling around the neighborhood (mostly powerlines, but occasional street jaunt). Definitely dont want to pay new (or even high used prices) for the limited amount of use its actually going to see. Found a decent looking UTV thats been rolled over. I only have pictures at the moment, all the damage looks like to the roll frame, and bodywork (dont care about either, and it doesnt look bad at all, just not perfectly straight anymore). It wont be titled or anything like that. Is there anything else I should really take a look at (other than straightness of wheels/suspension and other obvious stuff), or should I just run away quickly.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Oil starvation?

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

What brand? Unless it was run upside down it should be fine.

4. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

All depends on the rollover and the machine. All the machines that i have seen with bent parts didnt take much effort to bend. I think in most cases the roll cages are a lot softer than you would think that they would be.

5. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Its a polaris ranger

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And how would you determine, truthfully, whether or not this happened?

7. Compression test

8. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Oil
    Oil in the air box, Cut the oil filter and look for metal if you can get by with it.

The cages on those things aren’t much to start with. Would be worth having a decent one put on it if it has been rolled or even if it hadn’t...

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Which model. I have a coworker that worked as a mechanic for a Polaris dealer for a while. He is pretty proficient with the Rangers and Rzr's and I can bounce it off of him if you would like.

10. Critter

Critter Registered

In all the racing and desert stuff I have done, if you have to ask how much effort it will take to fix it and what you should look out for than you are probably better passing on it....

RichB and Steeltoe like this.