1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I go ahead and mute the MotoAmerica streaming?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, that goes over the team radios - although they don't do calls that way, they have enough cushion built in that barring major issues they stay on schedule and you're expected to know when to be where. If there are changes those go over the team radio - that's why they are required and must be brought to tech.

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes Mute! I will say it... The only one worth listening too is Pridemore... the others especially the Brit suck. And are annoying as hell.. even when they get the riders right...

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I don't get the hating on any of the announcers, don't mind any of them that much. They're all human, trying their best I'm sure.

Of coarse most guys on here are married or dating a super model so the standards are high. :p

4. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

What about at a WERA race?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We have one announcer if we're lucky and all information goes out over the PA - which may or may not reach any spectator areas.

Knotcher likes this.
  6. We will just have to agree to disagree on this point.

I know they are the track announcers, but this on-demand feed changes everything, and I feel they should adjust their announcing accordingly. If they feel the need to announce a lost cell phone, there has to be a better time to announce it. Those kinds of things should be done during the downtime between races, when nobody is on track. That part won’t be on the on-demand feed.

When it’s race time, the focus should be on the racers/racing.

Also, while not knowing everyone personally is understandable, especially in the first weekend, stating you “have no idea who any of these guys are” on air is not.

7. On-demand is the only thing that works for me.

8. If someone wanted to play a drinking game during a WSBK race, they could have to take a drink every time the announcer said “step forward”. :crackup:

I can’t count how many times he talks about someone taking a step forward, or how they need to make that next step forward, etc.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Until they sell enough subscriptions the on demand feed changes not a damn thing. When the feed is the entire day essentially there is no better time. Saying you don't know who people are is totally fine as a local announcer. It explains to the listeners why the mistakes can be made. Hell I wouldn't have a problem with that comment at any level of racing.

What you're doing is second guessing something you have no clue about how it works/could work/should work - think the media and all the people here telling you about how BOP's work after the Gulf incident...

10. Robin172

Is there not a seperate PA system for the paddock at most of the tracks?

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

It they were trying their best they would know who is who.... I can understand not in the la ge fielded twins class but when there are 9 Superbikes give me. A break... At Road America a couple years back We actually moved away to where there was not a PA over our heads.. Green I think was horrendous... Especially when just talking about the foreign riders all weekend.. nahh he’s not biased...

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. No.

The on-demand feed picks up with the riders are on track.

That in-between race time is when they should make announcements about cell phones and shit.

13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Tell you what...if GMC's crew announced the races, it would be a higher quality broadcast that pulled its weight...and Roy would be happy.

TLR67 likes this.
  14. blue03R6

blue03R6 Well-Known Member

why is that? You are using the internet for it right? Sling is just a streaming service. Its pretty much basic cable but in HD and $20 a month. During winter I turn off the sports package. You can add or remove these at no charge and they're on or off right away.
    beIN lets you watch the MotoGP and sbk races on demand if you missed it. Motoamerica went with FS2 this year and they don't have this option. But sling has DVR. You can watch it on your phone or cast it to a tv

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We're lucky if there is a working PA of any sort at most tracks :crackup:

joec likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? Greg and Jason know all the SB riders.

Dragginass likes this.
  17. Robin172

Been there, not the easiest thing to deal with.

18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Maybe this year... but not last.. I am sure others will. Chime in... MotoAmerica even had their Pics wrong in their riders bios... Showed Beach as Lewis a year or so ago... Pro racing should be Professional. Especially when we are trying to put it higher on the map here in the US.. I will quit my negative nanny comments now... sorry..

blue03R6 and Gorilla George like this.
  19. blue03R6

blue03R6 Well-Known Member

Yeah FS2 is pretty shitty to be honest.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  20. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

MotoGP posted a video yesterday that said "Repsol Yamaha". Shit happens.

TLR67 likes this.