1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toy hauler towing experience with a 1500

Discussion in 'General' started by MVA25, Jun 15, 2019.

1. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

6er

2. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Ok genius on truck builds.

Mine doesn’t rattle, squeak and basically fall apart off the lot.

There is a difference.

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Ill add the small Grey wolf or Wolf Pup TH to that. They have some units that are 18-20ish ft. Ive see quite a few of these at tracks. Room for a couple bikes, supplies, etc. Some have a dedicated queen bed in them. I think the wolf pup TH are even rated for 5Klbs total weight, so they will tow better with a 1/2 ton than a 25ft 8-9K lb unit.

And ill say it again, RV production has been down ~20-30% YTD, although we are seeing a slight up tick in unit production. If you are buying new, i would look for very aggressive pricing right now.

One more thing, Riverside RV's main units are now called Intrepid. They made a bunch of changes and renamed they units.

MVA25 and ducnut like this.
  4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Yep. :D

5. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Made in the same plant with the same parts.

6. roy826ex

Another genius that doesn’t own either truck.

Go away clueless Ford/dodge owner!

FWIW built and assembled in the Flint MI plant, not Mexico

Not one problem in 60k miles.

GMC means something, Chevy is just that a knock off.

7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

8. Knotcher

Well, that anecdote is the nut flush. Case closed.

roy826ex likes this.
  9. Knotcher

10. roy826ex

Bye

11. roy826ex

Yep and you are a total tool

12. roy826ex

13. roy826ex

Oh and fuck you knotch loser

Almost forgot that one .!.

14. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

If you want to be willfully ignorant, that is your prerogative. They are still corporate clones, both designed by the same people, built in the same plants, using the same parts for 90% of the truck

Having said that, there are multiple plants building these trucks, and yes, there may be quality trends where one plant is better than another. But that has more to do with the body in white, not the mechanical items. The engines, transmissions, and other mechanical parts usually only have once source.

And yes, I am a genius on some of this, seeing as I have about 30 years working for various auto companies.

You probably got a Wednesday truck from Toluca. LOL. I hope you are happy. But the brand in this case is still immaterial. Same truck.

As a case study, you should look at customer ratings for the pontiac and toyota car that was built in the same plant in California. Same car, different nameplates, different quality ratings. And no statistical basis for it, other than customer preconceptions.

Your move, Sherlock.

15. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

GMC = ghey mans Chevy

StaccatoFan, turner38 and ChemGuy like this.
  16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Garage Mechanic's Companion....haha, I have one in the garage.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There can't be a difference. They're made on the same line at the same time in the same plant by the same workers using the same parts.

18. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

For a trailer or camper...your own bath is a worthwile luxury. Especially with female company. 15-20sq ft of floor space would be pretty comfortable for most anyone. The holding and fresh water tanks would take some load capacity when full but mostly negligible weight concern. If you get a custom built trailer opt for tanks that can be equalized. 12-15 gallons of black/grey would be plenty for a weekend.

19. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I’m almost 49. I finished school before google existed. Sorry that finding an outside independent source that’s done some homework relevant to the debate hurts your feelings.

If I were in the market for a GM truck I would also buy a GMC. But that’s because I like their look a little better than the Silverado. But I know their essentially the same truck and it’s not something to get butt hurt about.

20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

not knowing the weight of the components involved... I wont argue. However... if youve towed with a gasser at max weight you get tired of pulling over for gas every 2-3hrs. Adding a 20 gallon aux tank say for tree fiddy will nearly double the range of any gas truck with a minimal weight penalty. And its real easy to setup a gravity feed to your stock fuel neck.