1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2019 Stanley Cup thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by Sabre699, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool. Yay who and who? :D

2. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Toronto Raptors and Kawaei Leonard ( the next MJ)

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

4. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Ok so I am a gambler and will be the first to state that when it comes to hedging futures everyone has their own opinion on it. In a normal betting sense, if you have a +ev scenario you should be completely fine holding the ticket and not hedging. In this scenario with such large potential winnings I personally would’ve hedged some of it. Now whether to sell the ticket for $75k or not- once again a personal decision.

Unfortunately or fortunately, these types of winnings will be broadcast more now that sports betting has become legal in so many states. For those of us that spend a ton of time handicapping games investing in futures tickets, building models, etc. we look at it as a guy that bet on his team with some extra $ in Vegas and was gonna ride it to the end.

A few years ago I was sitting at the MGM book betting college football and three ladies sat next to me with thick British accents. They we’re cheering on Leichester City and had each just put $100 down for them to win the EPL. I’ll never forget the conversation- they go to Vegas every year at the beginning of the season, it’ll never happen but they grew up there and still live there. Well that year it happened. They were a massive long shot.

It happens but now that it’s becoming more mainstream we are hearing about it.

5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Dude can't get no respect.

6. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

The parade was fukcin' AWESOME! So much fun!! the Blues really got up close and personal with their fans. 1,500,000 people joined me in the celebration of the Blues's first (of more to come) Stanley Cup.

Did anyone else here go, or was I the only one from the beeb to be there?

rd400racer likes this.
  7. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Probably the only one that gave a damn the Blues won. :D

MachineR1 likes this.
  8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Several of my friends went but none are on this forum.

9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Don't know anybody who went but congrats to your team and you for being there. Hard to say for a Bruins fan.

10. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I doubt that. :D

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Just a quick PSA...the NHL opening night of the 2019-2020 season is exactly 3 weeks away!

continue with your regular business

12. Sabre699

Headed to the Lightning-Panthers game on October 3rd. :beer:

lee955i and rd400racer like this.
  13. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Cautiously optimistic for my Devils this year. They had a big off-season for sure with a lot of new talent!! Lets see if they can gel......

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh good lord.

15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

:D

16. rd400racer

:crackup: I was waiting for that!

17. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Should be fun watching the kids play and hopefully sort things out some this season. Get rid of some ugly contracts next year and make a step forwards. Oh I bleed blue … lol

18. rd400racer

Same here. I'm so bad that I watched the Traverse City tournament this past week on NHL network. Kaapo will be a beast!

19. Sabre699

:crackup:

20. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

More worried about how Krastov and Shesty are gonna pan out along with Krieder !

rd400racer likes this.