1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So a Canadian team took the NBA title.

Discussion in 'General' started by zertrider, Jun 14, 2019.

1. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

We haven't had a team win another championship for years. No NHL, no MLB. So guess we are now the basketball powerhouse:D

The championship comes home to the birthplace of the sport and the home of the first NBA game ever.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

As Adam Silver said, it came full circle, Canada to Canada.

I hate the Raptors and Warriors, but being a Nets fan, I was pulling for the Warriors.

The dinosaurs did get a bit of luck with the Warriors injuries, but that happens in any sport. So kudos to the Raptors. Hopefully, DeRozan doesn't mentally break down again. And, let that be the first and last chip for Canadian Basketball :)

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Say what?

Springfield College may have an issue with some of your "facts."

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hooray for America Junior! They can't win their national winter sport championship and the US national team whooped them like a rented mule at their summer sport so they hired a bunch of 'mericans (F@ck yeah) to win the orange bouncy ball championship.

Got to give them something otherwise they might go on strike or some shit.

5. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Glad the Raptors won. I was sick of seeing Golden State win. Plus, I gotta go on vacation with my in-laws and I can’t wait to harp on it all week to my wife’s sister who loves them.

6. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Basketball was invented by a James Naismith in Massachusetts.

By a Canadian, in the USA. Not the same thing as Canada being "The Birthplace of Basketball."

BigBird likes this.
  7. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Suck all of our Northern (basket) balls ! :D

8. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

I don't care where the team is from, I'm just a Kawhi fan. So I'm happy he got it done and got the mvp. Otherwise I don't give a shit about the NBA.

Gixxerguy855 and Yzasserina like this.
  9. joec

joec brace yourself

10. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Because 2 of their 5 all stars went down? LOL

The Raptors were full of grit and rose to the occasion. Glad to see the team with 1 All-Star win.

11. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Congrats. They made me up the amount of basketball games I've watched in my life from 1 to 3. Too tired to watch last nights game, but glad they won it. Hopefully the fucktard fans in Toronto don't burn the place down. Never understood the "Yeah our team won, lets wreck the place" mentality.

Gixxerguy855 and cha0s#242 like this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

Kyle Lowry was an All-Star, so was Marc Gasol, Ibaka and Green was All Defense...

so yeah the Raptors had only one All Star :crackup:

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I’m glad a first time winner won it.

14. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

And the St. Louis Blues, who took the NHL title, were made up of 21 Canadians, on a 30 man roster. So bite me short man.

And the Raptors only had 10 'mericans.

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yep just hire enough Americans and shit gets done

Cannoli, dtalbott and ChemGuy like this.
  16. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I just surprised the higher-ups in the NBA didn't orchestrate a Game 7.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Me too! I'm guessing the TV deal or ticket sales percentage wasn't worth going to Toronto.

dtalbott likes this.
  18. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Warriors have Draymond Green. Canada has Drake. I wanted both teams to lose.