1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have a source of rain tires for Pitt?

Discussion in 'General' started by mpusch, Jun 13, 2019.

1. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Normally a Pirelli guy, but it sounds like all the normal vendors are out of rains for Sunday. I have a set, but recently realized (my own fault) that they are way too old and probably not safe to ride on.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Near Lancaster PA by any chance? I have a new set of Pirelli's I picked up last year that I have just sitting around. I don't think I'll be racing at all this year.

3. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Western NY area. Unfortunately it's way out of the way for the trip. Thank you for the offer though, I would be totally up for it otherwise.

Bruce likes this.
  4. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Yes it is. I'm 4 hours from Pitt. Good luck! :beer:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Been a wet year, sucks ass. So far though we might be okay, rain forecast is to come through overnight saturday and be okay sunday.

j cal likes this.
  6. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Seriously. It's definitely been something!

I must be looking at a different forecast than you. Looks pretty wet for Sunday. I know how the forecast is at Pitt, but I definitely don't want to leave myself in pickle.

7. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Bruce, what sizes do u have? Micah, what size do u need? we are coming up tonight..

mpusch likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was looking at hourly stuff for it. It'll rain Saturday and Sunday but it looks at this point to be mostly overnight.

Of course it all changes daily....

mpusch likes this.
  9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I find it funny (not ha ha) we had to come to the Gulf Coast for dry weather...

NOTE- sent you some info in email.

10. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I managed to find a set. Really appreciate the community here in helping people out.

See you on Sunday!

11. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

They're the pirelli sizes for 600/1000 cc bikes. It's one tire for both. Forget the size. 195/65?

12. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say thank for you the offer.

Bruce likes this.
  13. backbone

backbone scarred for life

AMPracecraft.com

14. MOTO-D

MOTO-D Trackday Junkie

Attached Files:

15. WERA#190

WERA#190 Well-Known Member

Rain tires zip code 44202 close to Nelson ledges . Brand new .$325.00 in northeast Ohio.

16. WERA#190

Size 120-70-17 front
    190-60-17 rear
    Pierlli diablo rains

17. WERA#190

3BA053F6-CCD3-4FD9-8E81-8C408FDBC389.jpeg Pictures.

18. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

No sweat,,we drove thru Lancaster last nite plus I have some rains here at the shop I could have chucked in...no worries