1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had to think really fast, and turn my K5 GixxerLiter Bike into a Supermoto...

Discussion in 'General' started by K51000, Jun 8, 2019.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Cite

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

He got divorced, didn’t he? :Poke:

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Yeah...we're not buying that Pal.

4. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Forgive me sir (OP)..but you are as ignorant as you are lucky. Luck saved you that day..not skill.
    The farmer on the other hand is also lucky..lucky you didn't shiskabob him.

K51000 likes this.
  5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I met a young guy at deals gap a long time ago that was doing 120+ when an over 80 year old woman pulled out in front of him. He lived, but lost his left leg. His opinion was that he wished the old lady could have seen better that he was there, but he was 100% to blame because it’s hard to see something so small moving so fast. I thought that was pretty mature of him for a 20something year old kid.

K51000 likes this.
  6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

TLR67 likes this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Much easier to be mature about it when you actually suffer for your poor decisions.

I suspect our illustrious OP has skated more times than one could count on his responsibilities.

8. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Happy Belated Birthday to you too!

9. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Did I mention that when he passed me on the road, I could see the foam ear plugs he was wearing? - so was I.

10. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

OK, sorry for his loss.
    But, somehow, we both wished the car/tractor driver would have seen us coming,
    yet some how I'm still wrong, and he wasn't? Um, OK

Of course I was to 'blame', I was the one going warp speed.

And yes, it was a Lot of luck, and a hell of a lot of skill too, to get it turned off the road without going under the tractor, and not hitting the tractor- thru the tall grass, and into the farm field.
    Wow- what a ride! Never again.

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

End/thread.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Who said he wasn't wrong? He was absolutely wrong.

Skill my ass...

StaccatoFan likes this.
  13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

FFS - stop...

14. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Did I mention that I stopped at the Explorium on my way home from the country that day? It's a mile and a half from my home. It's a Brewery, bar and grill with a really nice outdoor bar and patio with tables, etc. Popular place.
    I was still shaken up, pulling grass out of my bike, and I had told my tale to another harley rider at the bar with the bar tender listening on.

Flash forward to a week ago, and my buddy I ride with lately on his ZX10R and I had stopped at this same out door bar patio on my way home. The bar tender says to me, 'So, have you been terrorizing any more tractor farmers?'
    My friend on the Kawi looks at me funny, and I said something like, it's a long story, but here goes....

Most, if not all of you will be happy to know that I have been back to that area several times hitting the twisties in the area.
    I haven't blasted up or down that section of road since. The corn is growing nice, I'm glad I was able to help with some of the plowing ;-)

15. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Some stories are best left untold.

16. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Has absolutely no weight on your situation. No one driving a tractor can hear shit over the sound of the Diesel engine in front of them and all the other mechanical noises generated by the farm equipment. The hearing protection is there so the farmer won’t lose his hearing. Not so he can’t hear your bike.

You truly just do not get it.

S
    T
    O
    P

Scotty87 and sdg like this.
  17. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

This thread has gone 100% to expectation.

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

19. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

How in the fuck did I miss this when it happened?

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You had ear plugs in, dummy. :Poke:

BigBird and Shenanigans like this.