1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm sure many in here dislike Jon Stewart but this is well worth the watch.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by 50Joe, Jun 11, 2019.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Stewart's disgust towards Congress regarding 9/11 first responders:

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Fucking Nadler...huh are other people clapping?...is it ok if I clap?...do I still have enough firing neurons to perform a clapping action?

Stewart was always willing to give the jabs to both sides. The Daily Show hasn't been worth watching since he left. He is dead nuts right on that one though...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    tophyr likes this.
  3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

My sister works for the VA. She was called down to ground zero 1 month after the planes hit. She has a Phd in Psychology and was sent down to give counsel to the first responders. She hasn't and won't talk about her experience only that it was "unthinkable" what they all endured.

4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I've always despised JS's strong bias in politics but bravo to him for his continued fight for 9/11 healthcare funding. It's disgusting seeing how quickly NY has forgotten their civil servants who worked in those trenches. I remember back when they were raising 9/11 funds way back when this all happen, iirc, it was hundreds of millions raised if not nearly a billion.....I've always wondered WTF happen to all that money, who bilked what OR if it was properly dispersed. In hindsight, after fair compensation to all those who perished that day, those funds should probably had been rolled into a HC funding of sorts to help pay for these sicknesses that we're still seeing nearly 2 decades later.

The sick gentleman seated beside JS, Lou Alvarez, was NYPD.....he's been battling cancer for over 10 yrs. You guys wouldn't know this but it seems like these last few yrs, police & fire lose one a month who worked GZ......The true death count from that disastrous day continues to creep up every damn year.

5. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

Absolutely right. The problem is I forget her think she is from Hawaii senator. She was on Joe Rogan podcast and she said her first day in they split everyone up and tell them they can never support the other side no matter what. Well there’s your answer John it’s all by design party over country. Really needs to stop.

tophyr likes this.
  6. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Tulsi Gabbard

50Joe and gixxerreese like this.
  7. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I like John Stewart. He definitely leans left, but he's not a radical and he's a good guy from what I've seen. He and his wife are active in supporting animal causes as well. When he hosted the Daily Show, he seemed to give to both sides. Comedy and journalism has died at an equal pace since then. That show is unwatchable now.
    The passion he has for this cause isn't acting and he's been an outspoken advocate for years. It's sad these guys have been forgotten like the military vets, but lets send some Guatemalan kids to college. SMH

tophyr likes this.
  8. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

John Stewart is a decent guy with his head screwed on straight, glad he's helping here.

9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I always liked Stewart. His show had a bit of a leftward tilt but I feel like he preyed on everyone equally. He’s a genuine guy.

This is typical of our government and society. Years ago it was rah rah 9/11, NYPD blah blah. Now that it’s old news and old hat the powers that be don’t give a flying fuck about the little people’s suffering. They probably took all the money that was raised years ago and pocketed it.

That’s Tulsi. She’s one of the only Dems I would ever consider voting for and I believe would be an excellent President. I doubt the Dem leadership would ever let her win the primary though unless she gets blackmail photos on all of them.

gixxerreese likes this.
  10. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

She comes off as reasonable, but some of her policies are far left. She is very well spoken in interviews though.

MachineR1 and TXFZ1 like this.
  11. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Yeah some of her policies are far left but I suspect a lot of that is just red meat for the loony progressive wing. Well, not red meat cause that’s murder, premium soy. She has a mind of her own.

I grew up in Hawaii, although it has a leftist reputation that’s not the whole story. It’s very socially conservative in many ways and not that different from the Deep South. I’d never seen 2 gays holding hands until I was walking through Greenwich Village when I was 18. If they’d have tried that in my hometown even 15 years ago some ignorant dudes would’ve jumped out of a pickup truck and beat the snot out of them.

She’s also a military officer, former enlisted and a war vet.

I think Tulsi’s positions definitely reflect that strange milieu when you take all of it into account. She’s quite formidable, I’d put money on her becoming President. Probably not in the next 10 years, but I think she’ll go all the way.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  12. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Tulsi has my vote for sure. I especially like her views on foreign policy. She was openly critical of Obama in this area and isn't afraid to part from the usual party line. She is probably the most sensible, centric Dem out there all things considered. Certainly centric compared to most in the party.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

On the first date, even? ;)

14. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

She may run soon. Dems are going to feed us female candidates until they get one over the line.

15. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Jon Stewart was/is he best. He pulled no punches and he played no favorites. Democrats got no pass from him. Those who dislike Stewart are in the tank RightWingers who are mad that he pointed out the raging BS of the Republican Party. There was more of that on his show because they gave him so much more material to work with. There has never been his equal on any RightWing media format.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I disagree. He is very much a lefty in his personal politics and that bled into the show. He was much harder on the right than the left - but, he was a hell of a lot more balanced (and funnier even when biased) than anyone else out there.

XFBO, 418 and code3ryder like this.
  17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I was kinda shocked that he didn't step into the political office realm when he left the show... he had the name recognition to be a shoo-in at damn near any level.

18. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

She already announced a couple months back that she is running. I like her but leading up to running she started saying a bunch of wacko leftist stuff.

19. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

You know what is better than Jon Stewart?

Jon Stewart on weed.

upload_2019-6-12_18-10-0.jpeg

20. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User