1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody have connection on a new waste oil burner

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Jun 12, 2019.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Looking to purchase a waste oil heater for my shop. Thought if anywhere would have a lead on a good deal it would be this place.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Grainger would be my guess.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

No but i can sell you a separator to make sure your oil is super clean :)

We can put the whole set up in your basement or build a outbuilding to house. How big of a boiler do you have there? :)

Aufbereitung_von_Oelschlaemmen.jpg

4. assjuice cyrus

5. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

Maybe he can just get by with the Flottweg Tricanter?

6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I don't think so. He would at least need the variable impeller and most likely the variable bowl drive. Depending on his circumstances, he might get away without the variable scroll drive.

7. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

I would highly recommend clean burn. I have one that was built in 94 and it is still going strong.most the place that sell them offer referb units. resource heating in grand rapids Michigan does.
    Occasionally i find one on facebook marketplace. i stock all my service parts but it is a pretty reliable unit

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with waste oil burners as long as you go in to it with realistic expectations.

The people who have the best experience with them take the time to really learn how it works and will perform the requisite maintenance and repairs themselves.

We see too many people buy them thinking it’s a furnace and can be ignored as such.

R/T Performance likes this.
  9. assjuice cyrus

No this will be used in a shop. We service semis and have plenty of oil to burn. Plan on doin the once a year cleaning and service with who ever sells me the unit. Just seeing if anybody on here might have a connection.

R/T Performance likes this.
  10. cpettit

The impeller is the internal mechanism in the Tricanter that makes the 3 phase separation possible, it is a must lol!

I only sell the Tricanter, flocculant system and conveyors though. The rest is engineered by an outside firm. That process really does work for large scale operations though. Loads of them all over the world for tank bottom sludge and waste oil recycling, restaurant grease recycling ect ect. Many facilities in remote areas use waste oil or other waste products for fuel. The fish processing plants up in the Aleutian islands use fish oil and the whole place smells like long john silvers.

11. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Nice reply. It would have been great if I had even the slightest clue about anything I said. The idea of running one on fish oil is gross. Those fish processing slime plants are awful.

12. cpettit

Tell me about it. The smell gets into your hair and skin and you smell like dead fish for a week or so. Rendering plants are no better. I don’t miss those projects at all!