1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bridgestone v02 slick review 120 soft 200 med.

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, Jan 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Thats not a shabby time.

I know its subjective, but how did the tire feel when compared to the dunlop and pirelli with regards to turn-in and transitions?

2. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Full lean to fill lean. It felt good. The tire has a very round profile. Never felt like it was falling off an edge at any piont. Trailing on the brakes the front tire turned in nicely all the way to full lean. Never felt like it was trying to stand back up... that could also my set up so take that as you will. The tires never squirmed around they felt planted. When they did slide it was more like a Dunlop than a Preilli the tire is stiffer and not mushy.

In the end they were way better than I thought they were going to be. To be 100 percent honest I turned to them for the contingncy. I was just hoping I get along enough with them to win and get some free tires. But after riding them I will be buying and running these tires no matter what. Any of you west coast guys stick has great deals and ships them to you. I know we don' have a good vendor here on the west coast. So just use stickboy pressures and info. Even tho he isn't at the track I texted him and he responded with in a minute of my texting. We all have camera phones so any info as far as wear and such he can do right over the phone.

stickboy274 likes this.
  3. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Sheridan Morais lapped within a second of the factory bikes on our bike at Oschersleben last season on the V02. They are on special Dunlops, Pirellis, Michelins, and even the factory Bridgestones.

The V02 is a good tire. The harder you ride it the better it is honestly. You just have to get comfortable pushing it and it will feel better.

blake holt likes this.
  4. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

How close were you to the factory bikes on your bike? :Poke:

5. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Depends on the track. Oschersleben was 3-4 seconds. They were doing 1:26-1:27’s

Slovakia Ring was 5-6 seconds. There were doing 2:05-2:06’s

Suzuka was more as they run super special tires there and “factory” bikes basically MotoGP bikes. I was 8-9 seconds off. They were running 2:06-2:07’s and I did 2:15’s in the race.

Or was the purpose of your question to take a dig at me? . :whoosh:

blake holt and Jeff McKinney like this.
  6. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Thanks for the input, guys!

track wagon likes this.
  7. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

I'm impressed! and no,I'm not being sarcastic.

8. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Thank you. We spent about 20 years chasing and winning our own championships. Now we want to help our racers do the same.

Bardimus and track wagon like this.
  9. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

10. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Sorry to drag this convo out of the grave...

Where would one purchase these slicks? I`d like to give my money to a WERA member.

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

12. blake holt

blake holt Well-Known Member

rafa likes this.
  13. Circacee

Thanks Gents.

14. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

FYI these tires rock. I only wish there was more support out west.

15. Circacee

Well, I`m out West. LOL

I`m in Socal. Ran Dunlops(they were cool), Pirellis had a bit of slippage once they went. I`ll want to give Bridgestone a GO.

TX Joose likes this.
  16. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I meant trackside. I heard there supposed to be something in the works a few months. Hopefully see them soon. I can't wait to try the new R11s

17. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Stick boy