1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truly amusing P&R memes

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by pickled egg, Apr 5, 2019.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

TL;DR?

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Overexuberance.

3. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Repeal of ESSA.
    Now, I’ve provided examples. Waiting on yours.

4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

https://www.promiseskept.com/achievement/overview/education/

As far as the environment is concerned, that is a shit measure because you have to believe that he needs to do something at all. I dont.

5. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Global warming, man made climate change or whatever the hell they're calling it this week is a total scam. Trump did sign a bill to dedicate millions to cleaning up plastics in the ocean, even though 90% of those plastics come from Asia. That is money well spent on a real issue. Not some made up scare tactic cash grab to line pockets of the elites.
    So there's that...:flag:

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

But your entire premise is they are evil and will do wrong. So what have they done wrong? Prove your premise. You brought it up after all...

7. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

The whole premise of the meme is the fox guarding the hen house. If anyone in here can't see that very clearly than you must be blind.

Why is pulling out of the Paris agreement that 196 countries participated in a good thing? It's simply an agreement with goals and objectives. Reducing emissions is never a bad thing. Whether you agree in global warming or not is almost not relevant. If you think emissions are OK, go suck on your car's tailpipe and report back to me. Most in here can remember how nasty all cars were Pre-1985 or so. It was government regulation that forced change and the industry responded with technology. Regulations governing industry also massively cleaned up our waterways and air. I remember the smog days in So. Cal. being reported on the nightly news. Can't remember the last time that happened.
    Then there is this regarding the environment. If you don't believe the link, you can easily verify with your own searches. Not very environment friendly but many will surely make some good $$. https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/03/how-trump-is-changing-science-environment/

Repeal of ESSA is not a good example regarding education. There are pros and cons on that topic that can be found. But, DeVoss made that decision in a vacuum. She is big time pro-charter schools because it helps pad her bank account. Charter schools are not a solution across all of America. Try to find the money for that.

8. Fonda Dix

The Paris garbage feels good but feelings dont beat logic. Or at least they shouldn't.

https://cei.org/blog/5-advantages-stepping-away-paris-climate-treaty

Charter schools, vouchers and school of choice are the competition American education needs so it can stop churning out its flawed product. You might be happy with what public K-12 has achieved. I'm not.

9. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Tagging off your logic statement. How do you feel about government regulations forced onto the automotive industry such as emission regulations? Airbags? Anti-lock brakes? Most recently rear-view cameras and bluetooth? Nanny state policies or good policies? They have certainly made cars cleaner and saved lives but should the government force those changes? I spent most of my working life in automotive and I know first hand many of those changes would not have been implemented without the requirement to do so. Yea, it costs all of us more money but is it worth it? You can decide with your own wallet. Don't like the cost? Buy an old clunker or don't drive a car.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Then why did you bring up the swamp bit? Totally different things.

Because the Paris Accords had the US coming out of pocket and we already have policies in place to do everything we need to do. All of those things you list were done without some ridiculous agreement with other countries. Smog days in LA are still on TV but not news to the rest of the country so not national TV. No real change though.

I'll read through the list later but just for fun - the blowout preventer testing is more expense for absolutely no gain. Waste of time and money that did nothing other than show the government was doing something. Won't prevent the human error that caused the issues in the Gulf.

ESSA was/is a royal crock of shit that did absolutely nothing to further educating kids. Waste of time and money.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Some were good some were a waste of time and money. Like rear view cameras and bluetooth. Not saving anything but do cost money. Emissions stuff sure, those do/did good. But some emissions stuff is ridiculous like the whole DEF setup on diesels.

12. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Huh? Didn't bring up the swamp on this thread. I posted a meme but not once typed the word Swamp or even mentioned Trump directly. Yea, big time human error in the Gulf but to say this administration is environment friendly isn't exactly accurate. They have rolled back some protections.

On education, I can't agree or disagree on ESSA. I've read pros and cons for it. I'd need to read up more. But, DeVoss is totally self serving and not qualified.

13. Fonda Dix

I know Betsy DeVoss well.

I dont believe she is self serving however, she IS way under qualified for that job.

Still beats the shit out of shady Arne Duncan though.

oh and ESSA, just like NCLB, was a boon for my industry. Go figure.

14. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

15. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

So you post a meme about Trump and the Swamp and then claim to having nothing to do with it? o_O

16. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

It's an amusing meme of which this entire thread is full of. Did I create the meme? Nope. Just posted it up. Did a specifically call out the swamp creatures or Trump? Nope. Geez, you are being awfully sensitive to this one meme or is it simply because I posted it?????

17. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

So the whole fox guarding the hen house and blah, that wasn't calling anyone out right? I'm not being sensitive, it's fun watching you try and justify it and cross yourself up into a pretzel.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meme killer.

aaronson likes this.
  20. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

You for sure are being sensitive. Justify what exactly? That makes no sense. I have zero need to justify anything when the meme speaks for itself. My comment of fox guarding the hen house was a duh, get a clue comment. That's the whole point of the meme.