1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PIRC - PittRace General Questions

Discussion in 'General' started by cBJr, Jun 10, 2019.

1. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Basically all I know is from here:
    https://pittrace.com/visitor-info/

This weekend will be my first time at PIRC, actually it's my first time at a new track in like 10 years. I think I remember reading things about different configurations for MotoAmerica vs WERA. Will we be on the full 19 turn track as shown on that page or something else? Does anyone have a good track walkthrough video for tips on how to ride there semi-quickly?

What time will the gates open? On the link above, there's an electrical grid map. Are there only 18 spots with power? I'm assuming everyone parks in the North Paddock.

2. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

It'll be the full course, without the MA chicane. There are plenty of SV videos on YouTube, haven't seen anything specifically with anyone talking (maybe a Marcel Irnie vid?). Gates are generally always open, and power is generally sold out although Scott Nelson has a spot to sell - reach out to him to see if he still has it open. Most everyone parks in the North Paddock, but there may be power in the South Paddock and youll be a distance from everyone else and Pit-Out.

cBJr likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On the south paddock double check with the track before parking there. I know we have the full track but that doesn't also mean the full facility and they do rent out other areas for other events at the same time.

4. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Sold out means you pay in advance, not first come first served?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Gotta call and reserve there.

cBJr likes this.
  6. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

I’ll be coaching Friday if you need a tow I’ll be under a ktm canopy with an rc8 and an r1.

Tom

cBJr likes this.
  7. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Do they have fuel pumps that will be on for fuel purchase?

8. tdelegram

There are pumps there with Sunoco 93 and up. It’s pricy compared to normal pump gas, I think it’s due to the ethanol free component. The Sunoco 100 octane is about $10 per gallon, it sure of the 93 cost. Pumps are on 24/7 via credit card only purchases.

Monsterdood likes this.
  9. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I think 93 is about a dollar higher than gas station pricing. There is also a gas station about a mile from the track. There are garages that rent out with power. Both the garages and the pits with electric are big, usually a few people go in together so ask around and you may find a spot. I shared a garage with someone last time there with plenty of room.

10. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I called today and they said there would be a night guard so the gate should be open all night starting Thursday. They also said there was no gate fee which I didn’t know was a thing.

Monsterdood likes this.
  11. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Aww man I wanna go back to beaver. Havent been since 2014,and would love to try the addition.

12. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

It's soo good. Do it :D

13. tdelegram

Best track on the east coast

mpusch likes this.
  14. WERA552

WERA552 Master Brake Oil Spiller!

Will there be a Dunlop vendor there this weekend? This is also my first time at Pitt and it sounds great!

15. 2MM

2MM Well-Known Member

There has been the past several years.

WERA552 likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We will have wristbands for sale at registration but yeah, they won't sell them so we lose quite a bit of income. Tracks with one gate for multiple facilities always screw us up and lose income but not much we can do about it.

17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Just so nobody gets lost... the track is not very close to any coast. As far as best in the eastern US, I'd go with Barber but they both offer great (but different) experiences.

TLR67 and tdelegram like this.
  18. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I have a spot in advanced for tomorrow that I can't use due to health reasons. If you'd like to buy it at a discount, please let me know.

19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

My advanced spot is now gone.