1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truly amusing P&R memes

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by pickled egg, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, thing is clearing the swamp was about removing lifetime politicians, not about people involved in business(es) being in those positions.

JJJerry and Funkm05 like this.
  2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Sometimes it works like FDR putting Joe Kennedy head of the SEC(post-crash), sometimes less so, such as Kennedy putting a Ford executive as Secretary of Defence....

3. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

So ... you’d rather have people with no experience in the field making the decisions? Devos never made any sense. But beyond her ...

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

If people would vote with their brains instead of their hearts this wouldn't be an issue. Instead we let them use things like guns and abortion to buffalo us into voting for them knowing all along they probably won't even address it. Once they're in office they do whatever they want.

50Joe likes this.
  5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Coal lobbyist head of the EPA? Big pharma lobbyist? Think they have ANY interests in what the average citizen wants or needs?

6. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Instead of arguing over things like this, I'd rather us all focus on what we agree upon like the previous statement by Joe. Term limits!!!! If we'd work on what we agree upon vs screaming over crap we don't, we could actually get some decent things done.

stk0308 likes this.
  7. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

You think the politicians do? They at least understand the industry they’re overseeing.

10. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

They understand it more to manipulate it to an even greater extent so they and their cronies can benefit at an even higher rate at our expense. At least many politicians are clueless and often get nothing done which is less damaging.

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I think you’re misled. Think of it like a regular joe buying a car vs a former car salesman buying a car. Lobbyists use politician’s ignorance to mislead them and get what they want. When the (now) politician is a former lobbyist, he is knowledgeable about the subject and knows all their tricks.

Are there going to be some favors and handshake deals, probably, but we’re much less likely to get fleeced with a pro in the position.

12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Can it work that way? Sure. How has this group screwed us all ... policy-wise?

13. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

14. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I can easily ask the opposite. How have they improved us all policy wise? Name something related to education or the environment.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Pulled us out of the BS Paris Accords.

cav115 likes this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Post memes and STFU you cunts!

YamahaRick likes this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more